What Key West really hates....

Old March 25th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Thomas Smith

Default What Key West really hates....

They are everywhere, they are making big messes, they make all kinds of
noise, and Key West, Florida is so tired of them, they are actually spending
money to control them. Are they cruise ship passengers? NO! They are
chickens! The full story is at
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/7656433.htm.

--
Tom Smith
"The future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one!"

Old March 25th, 2004, 06:41 AM
Brian K

On 03/25/2004 12:06 AM Thomas Smith, committed to scribbelage:

They are everywhere, they are making big messes, they make all kinds of
noise, and Key West, Florida is so tired of them, they are actually spending
money to control them. Are they cruise ship passengers? NO! They are
chickens! The full story is at
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/7656433.htm.

Back in the old days Hippies and Homeless people used to catch 'em and
eat 'em. This kept the population in check. But the town tourism
office didn't like the image tourists were getting by seeing Hippies and
Homeless. So they made them disappear. The island's cats seem to
prefer small rodents and geckos. So now there's one too many
cock-a-doodle-doo waking both resident and tourist at all hour of the
day and night.

So now there's a costly project to catch and truck the chickens to
another part of Florida. It would be so much more simple to just bring
back the Hippies and Homeless. They were a natural part of the island's
ecology.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old March 25th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Art

We were in Key West last week (on a cruise ship!) and the "homeless" were
sleeping on the pier in several areas. Cops all around with no attempt to
shag them away. Maybe a ploy by residents to discourage cruise passengers
from disembarking!

"Lee Lindquist" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 06:41:06 GMT, Brian K
wrote:

So now there's a costly project to catch and truck the chickens to
another part of Florida. It would be so much more simple to just bring
back the Hippies and Homeless. They were a natural part of the island's

Walk along smather's beach. Plenty of homeless.

--
- Lee

Old March 25th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Brian K

The Smathers and Mallory Homeless are mostly seafood eaters. I've
watched a Homeless guy who sleeps at Smathers cast a net off White
Street pier. He was quite good at it and had himself some Sushi. Most
who set up camp by water prefer fresh fish to chicken.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.
Brian M. Kochera

On 03/25/2004 8:48 AM Art, committed to scribbelage:

We were in Key West last week (on a cruise ship!) and the "homeless" were
sleeping on the pier in several areas. Cops all around with no attempt to
shag them away. Maybe a ploy by residents to discourage cruise passengers
from disembarking!

.. .