Half Moon Bay to Oakland airport

Old March 24th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Alice Bean

Default Half Moon Bay to Oakland airport

I will need to drive from Half Moon Bay to the Oakland airport about
9AM, Monday, Memorial Day holiday (May 31). I have checked various
mapping sites and the directions are quite different. Can anyone
suggest the best way to go? Thanks for any help.
Alice Bean
Old March 24th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Hatunen

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:29:01 GMT, (Alice
Bean) wrote:

I will need to drive from Half Moon Bay to the Oakland airport about
9AM, Monday, Memorial Day holiday (May 31). I have checked various
mapping sites and the directions are quite different. Can anyone
suggest the best way to go? Thanks for any help.
Alice Bean

At 9am on a holiday Monday it should be no problem using CA-92
all the way across the Bay and then I-880 north to the airport.
Certainly the most direct way.

Just try to make sure there hasn't been some stupid little
accident on 92 going over the coast mountains that gums it up for
hours. In that case you'll be forced to take CA-1 up to Pacifica,
then you have choices ...

.... Continue on 1 until I-280 and follow that north to US-101 and
then take that north to US-80 and the Bay bridge, thence south on
I-880 to OAK (it's simpler than it sounds) or

.... Continue on 1 until I-280 and I-280 south to I-380 to US-101
south to CA-92 and then across the Bay

.... In pacifica take Sharp Park Road east to I-280 then south on
280 to I-380, etc, or ...

.... Instead of I-380 continue south on I-280 to CA-92 and thence
east across the bay, etc.

But really, CA-92 should be fine since most of the traffic early
on a holiday morning is likely to be going *to* HMB.

Old March 24th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Peter L

"Alice Bean" wrote in message
I will need to drive from Half Moon Bay to the Oakland airport about
9AM, Monday, Memorial Day holiday (May 31). I have checked various
mapping sites and the directions are quite different. Can anyone
suggest the best way to go? Thanks for any help.
Alice Bean

CA 92 East to I-880 North, exit 98th Ave. in Oakland.

What other directions did you get?

Old March 25th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Alice Bean

Thanks for the information. Mapquest said your way, Hertz online said
to go to San Francisco and across Bay Bridge.
Alice Bean

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:16:53 -0800, "Peter L"
wrote:

. ..

Old March 25th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Peter L

"Alice Bean" wrote in message
Thanks for the information. Mapquest said your way, Hertz online said
to go to San Francisco and across Bay Bridge.

CA 92 can be real busy sometimes, part of it being one lane. So yes going
to SF is an alternative way, though not the fastest way.

Alice Bean

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:16:53 -0800, "Peter L"
wrote:

. ..

Old March 25th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Hatunen

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:13:23 -0800, "Peter L"
wrote:

"Alice Bean" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks for the information. Mapquest said your way, Hertz online said
to go to San Francisco and across Bay Bridge.

CA 92 can be real busy sometimes, part of it being one lane. So yes going
to SF is an alternative way, though not the fastest way.

I certainly owuldn't suggest using CA-92 on a work morning, but
on a holiday morning should be a snap. Of course, on a work
morning there is no good way to get out of HMB.