Budget airlines from Los Angeles to San Francisco, then from SF to Salt Lake City

Old June 5th, 2004, 02:14 PM
J.Peasmould Gruntfuttock

Default Budget airlines from Los Angeles to San Francisco, then from SF to Salt Lake City

We are making our first visit to the US, to the wedding of a friend on
Salt Lake City, but because I am using miles for the long hauls, we
have to fly into LAX.

We would like to connect quite quickly on a flight to San Francisco,
spend 24 hours there, and then fly on to SLC.

Searches on the internet have failed to throw up the best fares with
the budget airlines.

If I was asked the question about how to get cheaply around the UK or
Europe, I would know exactly what to advise, so I am hoping that
readers from the Western US will be able to tell us. Funds are in
short supply !

Thanks
Pete
Old June 5th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Pan

Try to look for flights to Oakland. Southwest flies from LAX to Oakland I
believe. Go to www.southwest.com and look for the fares.

om...

Old June 5th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Doug McClure

One problem is that the budget airlines, like Southwest, don't list
their fares on Orbitz, Expedia, etc.

DKM

On 5 Jun 2004 06:14:37 -0700, (J.Peasmould
Gruntfuttock) wrote:

Searches on the internet have failed to throw up the best fares with
the budget airlines.

Thanks
Pete

To contact me directly, send EMAIL to (single letters all)
DEE_KAY_EMM AT EarthLink.net. [For example
.]
Old June 5th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Graham Harrison

Where are you flying back from? LA? Do you need to fly back there?

Southwest fly up and down the coast, but I don't think they go to SLC. You
could try America West. You would probably have to go through Phoenix or
Las Vegas but their fares seem to be competitive. Furthermore, if your are
from outside the US they offer some "airpasses". In fact, all the major US
domestic carriers offer airpasses. They tend to be aimed at long distance
travellers and several short trips can sometimes be found cheaper. They
try and tell you they are only available if you cross the Atlantic on their
own flights but the UK government forces them to sell to anyone so long as
you cross with a UK carrier.

This is one of those cases where a talk with a knowledgeable travel agent
could be a good idea. Since you seem to be in the UK I suggest either
Trailfinders or Travel Centre.

--
*****
*****The "return to" address embedded in this mail is wrong as an antispam

Old June 6th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Cari

Southwest have no less than FIVE non-stop flights daily from Oakland to SLC.
They also have three others, two stop in my hometown of Vegas andonein
Boise.

www.southwest.com

Cari

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message ...

Old June 6th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Aramis

You can get an LAX - SFO - SLC - LAX circle route for about $300 US.

If you provide dates I can find you the lowest possible for that route. If
you have flexibility Oakland,San Jose,Sacramento, for example, instead of
SFO, let me know.