Genuine Paris

Old September 30th, 2008, 01:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Freddy

Default Genuine Paris

High Marais area is placed between rue Charlot and rue Vieille du
Temples; it is a zone in Paris still not so known and rarely
frequented by tourists, so here you can find the real Parisian
atmosphere.
Boutiques and art shops have landed here to enliven Marais; but here
you can always find old bistros like Chez Nenesse, a real institution
for this area.
Discover the Paris with http://www.prontohotel.com/fra/paris/.

Old September 30th, 2008, 07:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_65_]

scRunge12 blabbles:

Thanks freddy for a nice piece of spam

A better contri than yours...

--
Best
Greg

Old September 30th, 2008, 07:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hackamore[_2_]

Freddy wrote:
High Marais area is placed between rue Charlot and rue Vieille du
Temples; it is a zone in Paris still not so known and rarely
frequented by tourists, so here you can find the real Parisian
atmosphere.
Boutiques and art shops have landed here to enliven Marais; but here
you can always find old bistros like Chez Nenesse, a real institution
for this area.
Discover the Paris with http://www.prontohotel.com/fra/paris/.

Hi,

the thing about the Marais is it's no longer really a jewish
neighborhood... it's a GAY neighborhood with mainly gay bars.

on one trip (with a male college buddy) I booked us a hotel (the hotel
de nice on rue de rivoli) in the marais on the grounds it was close to
the Hotel de Ville metro stop, Notre Dam, the city center etc.

but my relatives were SHOCKED... and I didn't understand why...

then the next night we were walking back to the hotel and stopped at one
of the many bars lining the street 1 block north of Rue de Rivoli... and
found that that bar, like all the other bars on the street, was a Gay Bar.

I went back to the 14eme the next trip :-}

--

Hackamore
http://www.hackamore.com

Old September 30th, 2008, 08:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_65_]

Hackamore wrote:

Freddy wrote:
[...]

Well, if ya do "schwing" that way here's a good reputable site:

http://www.parismarais.com

Frends stayed here last week, they were very pleased with the apartment:

http://www.parismarais.com/medieval-suite.htm

--
Best
Greg

Old September 30th, 2008, 08:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Pete

I went back to the 14eme the next trip :-}

Why?

Maybe he prefers bars with women. Maybe he prefers not to
be harassed by gays looking for sex. Wasn't that obvious?

Pete

Old September 30th, 2008, 09:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:31:59 -0600, "Pete"
wrote:

I went back to the 14eme the next trip :-}

Why?

Maybe he prefers bars with women.

I'm sure he could find some not too far away. mayeb even in the
Marais. And I don't mean lesbian bars.

Maybe he prefers not to
be harassed by gays looking for sex. Wasn't that obvious?

He doesn't mention being so harassed, so, no, it isn't obvious.

Sounds like an interesting place to me. I'll hve to go there next
time I go to Paris.

Old September 30th, 2008, 09:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_65_]

wrote:

I went back to the 14eme the next trip :-}

Why?

Maybe he prefers bars with women.

I'm sure he could find some not too far away. mayeb even in the
Marais. And I don't mean lesbian bars.

Maybe he prefers not to
be harassed by gays looking for sex. Wasn't that obvious?

He doesn't mention being so harassed, so, no, it isn't obvious.

Except that gay men - in bars especially - are most always "on the prowl",
trust me, I know this...

:-)

--
Best
Greg

Old September 30th, 2008, 10:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Pete

Why?

Maybe he prefers bars with women. Maybe he prefers not to
be harassed by gays looking for sex. Wasn't that obvious?

Since Hatunen lives in SF, his next comment will be along the lines
of, "I have never been harassed by gays for sex, therefore it does
not happen." Imagine this scenario. A good-looking woman and
her fat, ugly roommate go into a pick-up bar. The babe is
approached by many men with some of them being quite crude in
their manners and speech. The roommate is not approached and
therefore does not come away with the impression that the men
in that bar were crude. Hatunen is the fat, ugly roommate.

Pete