Manual or Automatic Rental in Countries that Drive on the Wrong (Left)Side of the Road

Old June 6th, 2015, 11:06 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Default Manual or Automatic Rental in Countries that Drive on the Wrong(Left) Side of the Road

On 06/05/2015 10:01 AM, Frank Hucklenbroich wrote:
Am Thu, 04 Jun 2015 10:36:56 +0200 schrieb Tom P:

On 06/04/2015 09:46 AM, sms wrote:
We're going to Ireland soon and the rental cars with an automatic are
much more expensive. I have no problem driving a stick shift but I
wonder if combining shifting with the left hand and driving on the left,
in an unfamiliar country, is too much at once. Last time I drove a stick
shift in a country that drives on the left was in Thailand, but there
they really drive in the middle because the road surface is only good in
the middle.

I understand. I usually start by winding down the window the first few
miles. Also don't be surprised by the lack of steering wheel the first
few times you get in the car.

And you will be turning on the wipers when you want to indicate.

BDDT.

Regards,

Frank

lol. Bingo.