Airline booking quirk

Old February 25th, 2008, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Hank Scorpio

Default Airline booking quirk

At least on the airlines I fly, when I change dates, most of the other
information is carried through to the changed booking. The airlines'
computers simply transfer my details: name, contact info, frequent flier
number, etc to the new booking. But they don't seem to be able to do that
for meal requests. Every time I change a date, my vegetarian option is
dropped, and I have to request it again. If I don't, then I don't eat
vegetarian. This has happened over many years. Is it common to all airlines?
It would seem easily fixable.

Old February 27th, 2008, 08:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air
JA_Moran

Default strange fares

went to the AA site and tried to price something from EHAM to KPHX
If I priced KPHX or KLAX to EHAM, I got a fare that was about $700 more
than if I used the same travel dates and origonated the trip in EHAM

WHY, travl is between thesame two points, uses the same amount of fuel etc

JOHN

Old February 27th, 2008, 03:13 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

JA_MORAN wrote:

went to the AA site and tried to price something from EHAM to KPHX
If I priced KPHX or KLAX to EHAM, I got a fare that was about $700 more
than if I used the same travel dates and origonated the trip in EHAM

WHY, travl is between thesame two points, uses the same amount of fuel etc

JOHN

Different market forces. People in one originating point are willing to
pay more money.