Angkor (Cambodia) tours - excellent tour guide service

Old August 25th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Oliver Yun

Default Angkor (Cambodia) tours - excellent tour guide service

To travelers to Angkor in Cambodia,

Hi, I'm posting this to recommend an excellent tour guide and package
tour service that I used when I visited the Angkor/Siem Reap area of
Cambodia.

In March 2004, my girlfriend and I traveled from the US to Siem Reap,
Cambodia and stayed for 3 days at Angkor Village Resort. The resort
arranged a tour guide and driver for us. Our tour guide was Panha Ou,
of Angkor Adventure Service (website:
www.angkoradventure.greatnow.com; e-mail: ).

Panha (pronounced "pahn-yah") is highly educated and speaks excellent
English, and he took us on two all-day tours of many of the temples of
Angkor, including Angkor Wat, the Bayon, Ta Prohm, Preah Khan, Banteay
Srei, and Banteay Samre, among others. Panha told us all about the
history and significance of each temple, as well as taught us much
about the history of Cambodia and its ancient kingdoms. He knew all
about the construction, religious/cultural significance, and politics
behind each temple we visited, and he explained the meanings of all
the different engravings and statues that we saw. He often took us to
the temples when there were less tourists, so that we would have more
space and time to explore (except for Angkor Wat, which of course
seemed to always be crowded).

Panha is very friendly (after our trip, we stayed in touch via
e-mail), knowledgeable (he even recommended a couple excellent places
to eat lunch/dinner in Siem Reap, one place called Soup Dragon and
another called Bayon Restaurant), and popular (he seemed to know
everyone wherever we went!) The daily tour package rates, including
driver, were very reasonable and very much worth it. Panha was by far
the best tour guide we have ever had on any trip, and I recommend him
highly for anyone who wants to fully appreciate Angkor's temples and
sites.

Hope this helps any travelers who plan to visit Angkor Wat and/or any
of the other temples of Angkor.

Best,
Oliver Yun
New York, NY

Angkor tour guide:
Panha Ou
Angkor Adventure Service
Ph. Chong Koasou, Kh. Slor Kram
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Tel: (855) 12-820 570
E-mail:

Web:
http://www.angkoradventure.greatnow.com/
Old September 7th, 2004, 07:29 PM
George Moore

(Oliver Yun) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Thanks for the review. Other Siem Reap links are on

http://rectravel.com/rep