We survived Europe !

Old May 28th, 2006, 08:47 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default We survived Europe !

....judging by your own contris I guess you were waiting for me in that
bucket of your's !
Thanks for welcoming me

"dgs" a écrit dans le message de news:
Gregory Morrow wrote:
gRunge wrote:

Curiosity, Cathy you don't have to answer them, they are just trying to
laugh at you

Like we do with you...???

Got a mouse in your pocket?

I snort with minor disgust at the posts that quote spunge's useless
junk. The fewer people that quote his crap, the better.

Into the bit bucket with you - where you can join spunge.

*plonk*
--
dgs

Old May 28th, 2006, 08:53 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Lol
What a twisted explanation just to say you go on reading me....
Let us just say that you tolerant travellers cannot bear one moment the fact
that you could be wrong and others may be right, trying to get through that
mess of OT and other lookie at my site, I'm the best! stuff, just to go on
enjoying travel through a NG.
I said travel, not sausages or chocolate or useless weather reports or
articles about the US and such, neither copy and paste of things we read all
by ourselves without the help of would be self appointed bad journalists.
There are enough on topic things to exchange and the old matuvu's who are
there just to make the world shiver at their intellectual potential are the
real polluters.

"Padraig Breathnach" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
dgs wrote:

Gregory Morrow wrote:
gRunge wrote:

Curiosity, Cathy you don't have to answer them, they are just trying to
laugh at you

Like we do with you...???

Got a mouse in your pocket?

I snort with minor disgust at the posts that quote spunge's useless
junk. The fewer people that quote his crap, the better.

Into the bit bucket with you - where you can join spunge.

I wasn't subjected to a similar announcement, but I might now be in
dgs's killfile.

One problem with the killfile strategy for dealing with pest
infestation is that some pests just won't go away, and we have a
considerable transient or occasional membership of the group -- so
posters like gRunge get some readers, and they might manage to distort
people's perceptions of the group.

People who are not here much might benefit from warnings that gRunge
is a special class of participant. That's one reason why I don't
killfile him.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED

Old May 28th, 2006, 09:21 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Dave Frightens Me" wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 27 May 2006 22:06:15 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article .com,
says...
Survival sounds like the correct adjective to describe the chaos of 30
days on a buse covering twelve countries.

I think those tours should be banned.

What a nonsense. Some people like being in a different place every day.
And since the tour was organised, everything must have been prearranged,
so no chaos at all.

Then you can go home knowing you've done Europe. Just what is the
point anyway?

Sorry Cathy, but I just see how that would have been enjoyable!
--

In a totally different context I have just had an otherwise intelligent
USian tell me that his forthcoming self-organised tour 8 or so Euro

Surreyman

Old May 28th, 2006, 09:23 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Cathy L" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 May 2006 23:50:31 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Then you can go home knowing you've done Europe. Just what is the
point anyway?

Looks like you feel they "desecrated" the continent, by quickly moving
from one place to the next. But it's in fact a perfectly legitimate way
of travelling. Some people like spending one month in one place, others
like to rush around. I guess Cathy wanted to see as much as possible in
a limited time.

It's just a pity that she spent just one day in Paris (two or three are
the minimum to at least see the major things) and I wonder why they made
that stop in Innsbruck (not Insbrook), instead of visiting nearby
Munich. And actually they should have moved from A to B by plane,
instead of spending hours on a bus. When you visit so many (far away)
places in a short time you need to fly.

Alfred,

We would really love to spend a lot of time in Paris. It is so lovely
and easy to get around. Hopefully some day.

Also, my husband and I both have German roots. We spent the least time
in Germany.

Our next trip we will rent a car and travel around by ourselves.

We have most of the major tourist spots out of the way.

'Out of the way'?
Is this checklist tourism?

Surreyman

Old May 28th, 2006, 10:07 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sat, 27 May 2006 22:55:36 GMT, Cathy L
wrote:
Believe me, I don't think I will ever eat another bowl of spaghetti
bolognese as long as I live!

It was just that Italian food was the only food, besides McDonalds,
that we could trust.

Trust?!?!? What do you mean "trust"?

Nathalie in Switzerland

Old May 28th, 2006, 11:13 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sat, 27 May 2006 23:00:23 GMT, Cathy L
wrote:

You don't get much liquid intake in Europe anyway. When we ordered
Cokes, we always got the smallest bottles or cans.

The coffees in Italy are served with a pipet.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sun, 28 May 2006 08:42:43 +0200, Jacqueline wrote:

Oh, please, please don't assume that most Americans travel this way.
Give me a break!

I'm going to get real tired, real fast of people telling us how we
should have spent OUR time and money.

If you're not interested in "how we spent our spring vacation", by all
means block out anything I wright.

Relax....do't get upset!!

I only meant that you enjoy a country (region) more if you stay there
longer! Than you may 'taste and feel' the soul of that area! Often you
discover that there are far more interesting things to see than the
usuall touristic stuff!

Jacqueline

Jacqueline,

Sorry, but do you know how annoying it is to post notes giving my
experiences only to have certain people rip it apart. Do you really
thing my choice was to spend only two days in Paris. Do you NOT think
we would love to have spent months there getting to know the people
and their customs??

Cathy