Rugby on pay TV or any TV for that matter

Old October 26th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Toby Te Ruoe

Default Rugby on pay TV or any TV for that matter

I have recently moved over from NZ to OZ. I dont expect OZ channels to have
a dedicated rugby channel like us Kiwi mad rugby fans have, but what can I
expect to see on PAY TV channels when the rugby is on? For example I HATE
watching sport with TV Adverts, this infuriates me to no end, so watching
the Rugby League between OZ and NZ was obvioulsy better than nothing, but
with adverts interupting matches, it spoils the game for me.
Anyway, I am interested in the Super 12, NZ Rugby Tours and OZ Rugby games,
can I expect to watch these live on Australian Pay TV?

Thanks

Old October 27th, 2005, 04:15 AM
Justin

"Toby Te Ruoe" wrote in message
I have recently moved over from NZ to OZ. I dont expect OZ channels to have
a dedicated rugby channel like us Kiwi mad rugby fans have, but what can I
expect to see on PAY TV channels when the rugby is on? For example I HATE
watching sport with TV Adverts, this infuriates me to no end, so watching
the Rugby League between OZ and NZ was obvioulsy better than nothing, but
with adverts interupting matches, it spoils the game for me.
Anyway, I am interested in the Super 12, NZ Rugby Tours and OZ Rugby
games, can I expect to watch these live on Australian Pay TV?

Just about all Super 12 matches are live on Fox. Most (all?) tests in NZ are
live on Fox (the whole Lions tour was live - NZ Maori games have been on
too). Aus tests in Aus have a strange status - Ch 7 have the rights, but
they're only exclusive if they show the test live nationwide. When they
don't (often), Fox carry the games live too. Ch 7 also tend to start the
game live & gradually fall behind to fit in more ads. Fox also have most of
the European Tests live. NPC is live on Fox too.

The Fox Sports coverage is pretty good & during the Super 12 season they
have a couple of shows during the week (a wrap up early & a preview later in
the week). Their game coverage only has some ads at half time.

Old October 27th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Geoff Lillico

Our pay-TV has ads as well!

Next month's Foxtel lists a good number of the International games Live

--
The Commissioner

www.the-commissioner.com

Old October 27th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Toby Te Ruoe

Excellent, just the exact information I was after.
Yes I dont mind ads during half time, that is acceptable.

Thanks.

u...