Business Class seat: window upper deck or main cabin isle

Old September 17th, 2003, 02:31 PM
te

Default Business Class seat: window upper deck or main cabin isle

What is the preferred seat in business (on a long flight): upper deck
window (not an exit row; isles not available) OR main cabin isle in a
center section? Any wisdom would be great.
Old September 17th, 2003, 02:48 PM
JMS

"te" wrote in message
om...
What is the preferred seat in business (on a long flight): upper deck
window (not an exit row; isles not available) OR main cabin isle in a
center section? Any wisdom would be great.

One thing that Upper Deck Window has that others don't is the luggage
compartment between the seat and the aircraft which extends down the length
of the upper deck. Assuming you are in a non sleeper business seat this may
allow you (depending upon your height) to stretch your legs on that
compartment. Aisle seats in Upper or main cabin do not have this nor does
windo in main cabin.

Old September 17th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Christopher

Generally, upper deck is better .............. which airline ? On most
US carriers it makes no difference as the service is rubbish wherever you
sit but at least upper deck gives the feeling of having more space

om...

Old September 17th, 2003, 05:29 PM
DALing

assuming you don't have a lot of junk to lug upstairs...going UP is
relatively EASY, going down with full arms...(upstairs on BA 747-400 was
particularly nice)

om...

Old September 17th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Blake S

"te" wrote in message
om...
What is the preferred seat in business (on a long flight): upper deck
window (not an exit row; isles not available) OR main cabin isle in a
center section? Any wisdom would be great.

The upper deck is generally quieter, since there are less passengers there.
It seems that the airlines in general do not seat as many children on the
upper deck, at least that has been my experience. I always ask for upper
deck.

Old September 17th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Dick Locke

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:45:57 +0300, Binyamin Dissen
wrote:

Unlike coach, BC usually has enough room to easily get out.

Man, you must be younger than me...I get the deadly knee lock after a
few hours an wind up stumbling while trying to climb over my neighbor.
Old September 17th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Trust No One®

JMS wrote:
"te" wrote in message
om...
What is the preferred seat in business (on a long flight): upper deck
window (not an exit row; isles not available) OR main cabin isle in a
center section? Any wisdom would be great.

One thing that Upper Deck Window has that others don't is the luggage
compartment between the seat and the aircraft which extends down the
length of the upper deck.

Yup, I love this particular feature. You can place your books and other
parphenalia in there and not have to get up to lleave your seat to access
the overhead locker.

A lazy man's paradise

--
Peter X-Files Fan
Please Note: Emailed replies cc'd / bcc'd , containing HTML or attachments