Mt Portofino and San Fruttuoso, Liguria, Italy

Old March 11th, 2007, 05:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Default Mt Portofino and San Fruttuoso, Liguria, Italy

A magic day today in Liguria, so I decided to do one of my favourite
treks, from San Rocco to San Fruttuoso along the cliffs.

My feet are killing me, I'm a bit sunburnt, and I'm utterly exhausted,
but it was well worth it. Not recommended if you suffer from
agoraphobia.

http://www.deepfriedmars.com/MtPortofino.htm
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old March 11th, 2007, 09:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
d.g.s.

Deeply Filled Mortician wrote:

A magic day today in Liguria, so I decided to do one of my favourite
treks, from San Rocco to San Fruttuoso along the cliffs.

My feet are killing me, I'm a bit sunburnt, and I'm utterly exhausted,
but it was well worth it. Not recommended if you suffer from
agoraphobia.

http://www.deepfriedmars.com/MtPortofino.htm

Great photos! Makes me want to haul my overweight arse up that trail
and sweat off a few kilos. How many kms, and elevation gain?

I've been on mountain trails like that - with sheer drops to one side -
with *no* chain to grab for a semblance of security. Seeing that this
trail was relatively well-developed looked almost like the lap of
luxury by comparison.
--
dgs
Old March 11th, 2007, 10:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on Sun, 11 Mar 2007 14:48:10 -0700,
"d.g.s." has scripted:

Deeply Filled Mortician wrote:

A magic day today in Liguria, so I decided to do one of my favourite
treks, from San Rocco to San Fruttuoso along the cliffs.

My feet are killing me, I'm a bit sunburnt, and I'm utterly exhausted,
but it was well worth it. Not recommended if you suffer from
agoraphobia.

http://www.deepfriedmars.com/MtPortofino.htm

Great photos! Makes me want to haul my overweight arse up that trail
and sweat off a few kilos. How many kms, and elevation gain?

It's around 15km. It's all hills, and a circuit, so you spend half the
distance going up. And there is a lot of up.

I did it in four hours, and was going fast.

I've been on mountain trails like that - with sheer drops to one side -
with *no* chain to grab for a semblance of security. Seeing that this
trail was relatively well-developed looked almost like the lap of
luxury by comparison.

It's a piece of cake from a security point of view. The chains aren't
really necessary, but do help people feel more at ease.
--
---
Old March 12th, 2007, 12:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
The Reid

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:54:38 +0100, Deeply Filled Mortician
wrote:

I've been on mountain trails like that - with sheer drops to one side -
with *no* chain to grab for a semblance of security. Seeing that this
trail was relatively well-developed looked almost like the lap of
luxury by comparison.

It's a piece of cake from a security point of view. The chains aren't
really necessary, but do help people feel more at ease.

Yes, looks like a nice pleasant strenuous walk, if you want that brown
trouser feeling this is a good walk
"http://www.fellwalk.co.uk/pict036.htm"

but you have to have British food afterwards.
--
Mike Reid
Guinness Marmite tested "http://www.lawn-mower-man.co.uk/marmite.htm