I Be Cruisin'

Old March 14th, 2010, 12:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Default I Be Cruisin'

Brian K wrote:

I think we'll give the Crown Grill a try one night. Can we wait until
we board to make reservations, or is it best to reserve before boarding?

I don't think Princess lets you make a reservation ahead of time. Some
sailings there is no problem making a reservation when you want it,
other times the Crown Grill will be very busy. I would make your
reservation the day you board the ship.

Are you familiar with the International Cafe on the Crown? Fantastic
place to hang out, have a cup of coffee(fancy or plain) and enjoy some
of the free cookies, pastries and other food there. Also if you are a
coffee drinker, Princess has a coffee card. I don't remember the price,
maybe something like $25 and you get a certain amount of specialty
coffees, plus all the freshly brewed coffee you want.

sue
Old March 14th, 2010, 12:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article
,
Warren wrote:

Perhaps, but then we've all learned that you are a very fussy and hard
to please eater.

Sometimes the expense is more about creating a special night away from
tablemates than whether or not the food is "worth" it. (and where in
NYC can you get a multi-course meal for 20 bucks?)

It is true that Tom is a hard to please eater but I have to agree with
him on Sabatini's. Every time I have eaten there I have left not
satisfied. A lot of food in many tastings courses with very little
being special. The last few times I only went because I was with a
group that wanted to go. Last summer I wanted to go to the Crown Grill
and was overruled.

--
Charles
Old March 14th, 2010, 02:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Mar 13, 8:50*pm, Charles wrote:
In article
,

Warren wrote:
Perhaps, but then we've all learned that you are a very fussy and hard
to please eater.

Sometimes the expense is more about creating a special night away from
tablemates than whether or not the food is "worth" it. (and where in
NYC can you get a multi-course meal for 20 bucks?)

It is true that Tom is a hard to please eater but I have to agree with
him on Sabatini's. Every time I have eaten there I have left not
satisfied. A lot of food in many tastings courses with very little
being special. The last few times I only went because I was with a
group that wanted to go. Last summer I wanted to go to the Crown Grill
and was overruled.

--
Charles

For what it's worth, we ate in the Crown Grill on the Crown Princess
last August when we cruised the British Isles. While the meal was
fine, we didn't find it anything "Special". We much preferred
Sabatinis.

Lola in Hamilton
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Stu plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said On 3/14/2010 10:47 AM:
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 10:26:58 -0400, Sue Mullen

On Mar 13, 8:50 pm, wrote:

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

Just goes to show it is a matter of choice and maybe also a matter of
which sailing you are on.lol

sue

Same as I enjoyed the Rubens in the side cookery on the carnival
freedom, I had at least one a day because they were just that good.
We are all different, and our tastes vary, thank god for that.

As for Sabatinis, there is a very high Italian and Italian-American
population where I live. I'd venture a guess that there is an Italian
restaurant for every price and just about every Italian cuisine
imaginable. While some of you may have enjoyed Sabatinis, I'll wait
until I'm back home or in Rome for an Italian food fix. We'll probably
give the Crown Grill a try as I like seafood and it's offered there.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: