Mexico travel warning and going to the ruins in Costa Maya: Thoughts?

Old March 15th, 2010, 09:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

Default Mexico travel warning and going to the ruins in Costa Maya: Thoughts?

Wife and I were planning on going to these ruins/pyramids. With this new warning
I was wondering if anyone here would cancel the excursion.

Clay
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

frijoli wrote:
Wife and I were planning on going to these ruins/pyramids. With this
new warning I was wondering if anyone here would cancel the excursion.

Clay

I would not cancel the excursion. The warning is for Northern Mexican
states on the US border. You won't be near there.
--
Charles
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

frijoli wrote:
Wife and I were planning on going to these ruins/pyramids. With this
new warning I was wondering if anyone here would cancel the excursion.

Clay

I would not cross the border at El Paso, it is a dangerous area. I
wouldn't cancel my excursion at Costa Maya, though. They are not having
any drug wars in that area. Have fun.

Becca
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

frijoli wrote:
Wife and I were planning on going to these ruins/pyramids. With this new
warning I was wondering if anyone here would cancel the excursion.

The problems in Mexico are near the U.S. border by California. Costa
Maya is no where near any of the dangerous ares. I would go and enjoy
the ruins and not worry.

sue
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gerry[_2_]

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:09:57 -0400, frijoli wrote:

Wife and I were planning on going to these ruins/pyramids. With this new warning
I was wondering if anyone here would cancel the excursion.

Clay

This is not the part of Mexico with drug war problems. I went on a
tour of the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins and it was the highlight of our
cruise. After checking various reviews of different tours, we booked
our tour with David Villagomez and Ivan Cohuo. David grew up playing
on the ruins and we actually saw what is left of his family's house at
the edge of the site. David and Ivan have a web site that supplies a
lot more information at:

http://www.thenativechoice.com/index.php

We chose the tour that included having lunch with a Mayan family. It
was a really wonderful experience. I would highly recommend it.

http://www.thenativechoice.com/mayan_experience.php

You can check out the photos of our tour starting with Ivan's
introduction to the site at:
http://www.neufie.com/Cruise/slides/...roduction.html

Gerry
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Stu wrote:
My wife said she wouldn't feel safe, and I want her to feel safe. So
we'll pop over to Vancouver, and cruise later on this year.

There is no fun in going somewhere, if you do not feel safe. A vacation
should be fun and as worry-free as possible. I agree with you, taking a
cruise is always a great idea. 8-)

Becca
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Briggs

Rut roh Stu....don't look now, but THE SKY IS
FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still drinking?

Drinking what? I'm drinking a hazelnut decaf at this minute. It's very good,
and the sky is still up there.

Old March 17th, 2010, 12:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 05:35:21 -0700, "John Sisker"
wrote:

I don't know about you, but this and the other two threads from Goldenberg
just don't sound like it is coming from him. They are just too insulting,
with not alternatives or logical advice and/or suggestions, or even a
comforting thought or concern. I don't know - what do your think? Of course,
if it is really not Goldenberg, then who? But most importantly - why?

John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com / www.tinplatedesign.com
Facebook/Twitter/Blog/Flickr/MyPage

It did seem odd.