Report: U.S. health officials issue 'no sail' advisory for illness-plagued Celebrity ship

Old March 16th, 2010, 05:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

Default Report: U.S. health officials issue 'no sail' advisory for illness-plaguedCelebrity ship

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:02:07 -0400, frijoli wrote:

I feel something is amiss on this ship as far as cleanliness and sanitation.
Seems like her name comes up a LOT for illness

Hi Clay,

FWIW, here are the scores from the CDC.

http://bit.ly/bsPd02
--
Ray Goldenberg 800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
Lighthouse Travel http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Those are just routine inspections though. Not really how many time they pop up
in the new for Noro or the like.

Even from that data it shows they're going down hill.
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

frijoli wrote:

Those are just routine inspections though. Not really how many time
they pop up in the new for Noro or the like.

Even from that data it shows they're going down hill.

The Mercury has gone though this before. That is having massive
outbreaks of Noro. Makes one wonder.

--
Charles
Old March 16th, 2010, 06:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Ray Goldenberg wrote:

Hi Clay,

They are far from going downhill. Cruise lines are thrilled with
these types of scores on a ship of this age since the CDC inspections
are very tough. BTW, you should not take news media reports based on
facts. Most of us know they are often not based on reality.

The CDC said it was bad enough on Mercury that it should not sail. And
Celebrity is offering full refunds. I expect the Mercury is not long for
the Celebrity fleet.

--
Charles
Old March 16th, 2010, 06:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On 16 Mar 2010 18:02:11 GMT, Charles
wrote:

The CDC said it was bad enough on Mercury that it should not sail.

Hi Charles,

You are absolutely correct. I was referring to the past reports as
far as cleanliness, etc.
Old March 16th, 2010, 06:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

Default Ray Minister Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf Goldenberg

On 3/16/2010 7:02 PM, Charles wrote:
Ray wrote:

Hi Clay,

They are far from going downhill. Cruise lines are thrilled with
these types of scores on a ship of this age since the CDC inspections
are very tough. BTW, you should not take news media reports based on
facts. Most of us know they are often not based on reality.

Sure. Cruise lines really see norovirus outbreaks as fanaaastic business
opportunities. Don't believe everything you read in the press....

Sjeesh. What an idiot.

http://tinyurl.com/fj7q
Old March 16th, 2010, 07:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

peter wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/fj7q

OK... you win. Up until recently, even though you were playing a troll
I didn't mind discussing the cruise business with you or answering your
posts. But between your personal attacks and crap like this link, I've
decided that your signal to noise ratio is just not worth my time any more.

Congratulations, not even Sisker ever made it into my kill file.

Buh-bye.

--

George Leppla

Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com
Blog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster
Old March 16th, 2010, 08:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

George Leppla wrote:
peter wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/fj7q

OK... you win. Up until recently, even though you were playing a troll
I didn't mind discussing the cruise business with you or answering your
posts. But between your personal attacks and crap like this link, I've
decided that your signal to noise ratio is just not worth my time any more.

Congratulations, not even Sisker ever made it into my kill file.

Buh-bye.

My sentiments exactly.

duly killed on this computer.
Old March 16th, 2010, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:41:02 -0400, frijoli wrote:

Those are just routine inspections though. Not really how many time they pop up
in the new for Noro or the like.

Even from that data it shows they're going down hill.

Hi Clay,

They are far from going downhill. Cruise lines are thrilled with
these types of scores on a ship of this age since the CDC inspections
are very tough. BTW, you should not take news media reports based on
facts. Most of us know they are often not based on reality.
--
Ray Goldenberg 800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
Lighthouse Travel http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/lighthousetravl
Follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ray.goldenberg

While I agree you can't always believe the news reports, I'm curious to know how
many outbreaks the Mercury has had in the last two years versus other ships. I'm
sure I've heard the Mercury's name several time prior to this event.

Clay
Old March 16th, 2010, 08:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
frijoli wrote:

While I agree you can't always believe the news reports, I'm curious to know
how
many outbreaks the Mercury has had in the last two years versus other ships.
I'm
sure I've heard the Mercury's name several time prior to this event.

Clay

Being a correlation is not causation kind of a guy, I am wondering if
anybody looked into whether this was the same bug not entirely knocked
down or new bugs brought in by the next round of passengers.

--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

frijoli wrote:
Ray Goldenberg wrote:
[...]

Clay, take a look at the Celebrity board over on cruisecritic, also look
and see if there is a roll call for your sailing. I just took a quick
look over there and it seems there is a lot of noro virus in the local
area near the port.

sue