London Tube Aldgate station

Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnH

Default London Tube Aldgate station

Can anyone on the group who is living in London advise me as to whether
there is one or more entrances/exits from Aldgate tube station
I would be using the circle line and am going to Petticoat lane market,
so which is best exit if more than one.
regards
JohnH

Old March 23rd, 2007, 05:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On 23 Mar, 13:40, "johnH" wrote:
Can anyone on the group who is living in London advise me as to whether
there is one or more entrances/exits from Aldgate tube station
I would be using the circle line and am going to Petticoat lane market,
so which is best exit if more than one.

Think there is only one exit
but its not far to the market from Aldgate East (dist Line) or even
Liverpool st or Tower Hill. So it really is not important, often the
circle line has less of a service than other lines, get free
transport maps when you arrive..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldgate_tube_station

Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Patrick Wallace

Just follow the crowd. It's well signposted.

PJW

Old March 24th, 2007, 01:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnH

Thanks for the replies folks.
It looks like Aldgate East is further away from Middlesex st and Liverpool
St tubve station even further away on Multicom maps...is this the case?
regards
JohnH

Old March 24th, 2007, 08:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

"johnH" wrote in message

Can anyone on the group who is living in London advise me as to whether
there is one or more entrances/exits from Aldgate tube station
I would be using the circle line and am going to Petticoat lane market,
so which is best exit if more than one.
regards
JohnH

yes probably by a mater of a few yard , they are both really very
close , no more than 100yards / less than 5 minutes away . Liverpool
st being at the opposite end of the market and Aldgate east being
the other end.