Easy Tube route from Heathrow to Liverpool St, London

Old September 25th, 2007, 01:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Calvin Chan

Default Easy Tube route from Heathrow to Liverpool St, London

Hi Folk

My family is travelling to London in a week's time. We are carrying
quite a bit of lugguage, and landing at Heathrow. We are planning to
take the Tube from Heathrow to Liverpool St.

I was told that London Underground network is very complicated, and
the changing of lines may involve lengthy walk and lots of stairs to
climb up and down.

Anyone out there can tell me how I go in changing lines in a easier
way not to involve a lot of walk and stairs?

Rgds

Calvin
Old September 25th, 2007, 02:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On Sep 25, 1:36 pm, Calvin Chan wrote:
Hi Folk

My family is travelling to London in a week's time. We are carrying
quite a bit of lugguage, and landing at Heathrow. We are planning to
take the Tube from Heathrow to Liverpool St.

I was told that London Underground network is very complicated, and
the changing of lines may involve lengthy walk and lots of stairs to
climb up and down.

Anyone out there can tell me how I go in changing lines in a easier
way not to involve a lot of walk and stairs?

An easy solution might be to take the Piccadilly Line out of Heathrow
as far as Russell Square (where there is a lift/elevator) and then get
a cab for the fairly short additional distance to Liverpool Street.
The cab should cost under ten pounds.

Old September 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

Following up to Calvin Chan :

Hi Folk

My family is travelling to London in a week's time. We are carrying
quite a bit of lugguage, and landing at Heathrow. We are planning to
take the Tube from Heathrow to Liverpool St.

I was told that London Underground network is very complicated, and
the changing of lines may involve lengthy walk and lots of stairs to
climb up and down.

Anyone out there can tell me how I go in changing lines in a easier
way not to involve a lot of walk and stairs?

Rgds

Calvin

visit http://www.thetube.com for tons of info,
but putting in what I think are reasonable options for you (cannot use
stairs, reduced walking etc) for next week, the site always suggests
changing at King's Cross/ST.Pancras

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...teDistanc e=1

(sorry long link)
Lifts are available at KK/SP and Liv.St.

If you are ok with one set of steps, then it recommends changing at
Gloucester Rd.
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...teDistanc e=1

Assuming the steps aren't too long, this is the option I'd take, as it's
likely to be less crowded at the change.

--
Tim C.
Old September 25th, 2007, 04:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
dgs[_5_]

Calvin Chan wrote:

My family is travelling to London in a week's time. We are carrying
quite a bit of lugguage, and landing at Heathrow. We are planning to
take the Tube from Heathrow to Liverpool St.

The tube isn't very good at handling people with "quite a bit of
luggage." Travellers with one or two bags are much less of a problem.

I was told that London Underground network is very complicated, and
the changing of lines may involve lengthy walk and lots of stairs to
climb up and down.

Very complicated? Not really. Stairs and lengthy walks when changing
lines? Quite possible, and sometimes, not a problem at all.

Anyone out there can tell me how I go in changing lines in a easier
way not to involve a lot of walk and stairs?

How about not using the tube at all?

Take the Heathrow Connect train from Heathrow to Paddington Station,
then pay for a taxi to take you to Liverpool Street Station. Costs
more, yes, but it's a far more practical solution for travellers with
"quite a bit of luggage."

If you absolutely must take the tube, then you can change at Paddington
for a Circle or Hammersmith & City Line tube train to Liverpool Street.
You'll have to negotiate stairs there, though.
--
dgs
Old September 25th, 2007, 05:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
ALAN HARRISON[_2_]

"dgs" wrote in message
If you absolutely must take the tube, then you can change at Paddington
for a Circle or Hammersmith & City Line tube train to Liverpool Street.
You'll have to negotiate stairs there, though.

Alternatively an "all Underground" route, with mimimum changes, all on
level:

From Heathrow, take Piccadilly Line to Hammersmith.
Change at Hammersmith to District Line on opposite side of same platform.
Chane at Gloucester Road or South Kensington to Circle Line train on same
platform.

Alan Harrison

Old September 25th, 2007, 06:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

"ALAN HARRISON" wrote in message

"dgs" wrote in message
If you absolutely must take the tube, then you can change at Paddington
for a Circle or Hammersmith & City Line tube train to Liverpool Street.
You'll have to negotiate stairs there, though.

Alternatively an "all Underground" route, with mimimum changes, all on
level:

From Heathrow, take Piccadilly Line to Hammersmith.
Change at Hammersmith to District Line on opposite side of same platform.
Chane at Gloucester Road or South Kensington to Circle Line train on same

IIRC Gloucester Road has different platforms for the district
and circle lines in one direction, can't remember which though.

tim

Old September 25th, 2007, 09:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
WorstGreatWestern

On 25 Sep, 13:36, Calvin Chan wrote:
Hi Folk

My family is travelling to London in a week's time. We are carrying
quite a bit of lugguage, and landing at Heathrow. We are planning to
take the Tube from Heathrow to Liverpool St.

I was told that London Underground network is very complicated, and
the changing of lines may involve lengthy walk and lots of stairs to
climb up and down.

Anyone out there can tell me how I go in changing lines in a easier
way not to involve a lot of walk and stairs?

Rgds

Calvin

I hope you're doing it off-peak.....