Lockers still available inside London railway station or tube station ?

Old August 26th, 2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Lockers still available inside London railway station or tube station ?

Hi there,

Am travelling to London for leisure as well, I need to leave some big
luggage aside, so that i can move around the city freely after checking
out the hotel....

Given the recent terrorist plot, is it still available for:

1. self-service lockers in railway stations or tube station? If yes,
what stations are available ?

2. luggage deposit counters for the day in railway stations or tube
station?

Thanks

Old August 27th, 2006, 12:04 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Bennetts

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi there,

Am travelling to London for leisure as well, I need to leave some big
luggage aside, so that i can move around the city freely after checking
out the hotel....

Given the recent terrorist plot, is it still available for:

1. self-service lockers in railway stations or tube station? If yes,
what stations are available ?

2. luggage deposit counters for the day in railway stations or tube
station?

Thanks

No self service lockers, all "left luggage" as they call it is security
screened. This has been the case well before the current "scares". Only at
mainline railway stations, not the tube. It costs a bit of money though to
leave a bag. Why not ask the hotel if they can hold the luggage for you?
Many will do this free of charge.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Old August 27th, 2006, 12:53 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Lennart Petersen

skrev i meddelandet
oups.com...

Hi there,

Am travelling to London for leisure as well, I need to leave some big
luggage aside, so that i can move around the city freely after checking
out the hotel....

Given the recent terrorist plot, is it still available for:

1. self-service lockers in railway stations or tube station? If yes,
what stations are available ?

2. luggage deposit counters for the day in railway stations or tube
station?

--------------
Last time in London was 2y ago and I used the left luggage service at
Waterloo stn (next to the Eurostar terminal) It was real expensive, as I
can remember around 6GBP/each piece. The procedure was to pay at the
counter,then put the bag on a transport band carrying it in for screening
(by X-ray I guess). To claim it was the opposite, present the ticket and
the bag arrived the opposite way on the transport band.

Old August 27th, 2006, 06:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Patrick Wallace

There are left luggage offices at the main rail termini (not lockers):

http://www.excess-baggage.com/contact.php

Old August 28th, 2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On 26 Aug 2006 09:52:48 -0700, "
wrote:

Hi there,

Am travelling to London for leisure as well, I need to leave some big
luggage aside, so that i can move around the city freely after checking
out the hotel....

Given the recent terrorist plot, is it still available for:

1. self-service lockers in railway stations or tube station? If yes,
what stations are available ?

2. luggage deposit counters for the day in railway stations or tube
station?

Many hotels will hold your luggage for a while.