Europe-Closed on Sunday

Old April 25th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Miguel Cruz

Default Europe-Closed on Sunday

The Reids wrote:
Following up to Miguel Cruz
come to my place in LOndon you wont stand a chance!

Whereabouts in London? I used to live near Earl's Court and commute to
Bloomsbury; there's no question the bicycle was the fastest way to do it.

Bexley, Londons bigger than Earls Court!

I don't even know where that is - probably not a good indication for my
prospects.

miguel
Old April 25th, 2004, 11:21 AM
The Reids

Following up to Miguel Cruz

i'm ****ed so allowances for sloppiness please
Miguel, life isnt city or suburbs, waht about the "wild" places?

Hmmm, my ****ed posts seem to be better typed than sober :-(

Wild places can be great. Natural beauty is inspirational and humbling and
one can't have enough of it. However after a few days I do get edgy and feel
like I'd be happier back in a city again.

Robert Elms, the broadcaster says that. Ive never felt that way,
I usually hate the city at first after a period in a "wild"
place.

Villages can be okay too. It's really just suburbs and small cities that rub
me wrong.

I know what you mean, I would prefer the centre of London, if I
could afford somewhere nice and have somewhere to grow food
(impossible). Overlooking the Thames would be nice.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old April 25th, 2004, 11:23 AM
The Reids

Following up to The Reids

I'm told broadband is cheap and quickly installed, if not terribly reliable.
Not sure what they'll offer in the way of newsgroups...

well I hope they realise what is important!

join up with uni of Berlin, you can access them from any number.
They carry this group, otherwise I wouldnt be here :-S
Old April 25th, 2004, 11:24 AM
The Reids

Following up to Miguel Cruz

Bexley, Londons bigger than Earls Court!

I don't even know where that is - probably not a good indication for my
prospects.

SE edge. "Right up your street" :-)
--
Mike Reid
A rather dull page with a few photos of where I live
Old April 25th, 2004, 11:50 AM
The Reids

Following up to The Reids

What upward trend?

the one that existed in UK

when speed cameras were introduced the police reported that for
the first time in x years (probably 30-40 I don't remember) the
upward trend in average vehicle speed had been reversed. Speed
control has been a proactive action, nothing to do with existing
averages.
Old April 28th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Olivers

Default Car use

David Horne extrapolated from data available...

Miguel Cruz wrote:

Have you had the misfortune to see one of those things face-to-face?

I have, quite recently, in the centre of Manchester. It parked in St.
Peter's Square, and the owner got out, went into a newsagents to get a
paper! They're about the most hideous things I've ever seen. A combine
harvester would have more aesthetic appeal, and it's useful at least...

Although astoundingly ugly, the Hummer (not the HUMVEE used by the
military) is simply a shell stretched over the GMC/Chebrolet "Trailblazer"
frame and mechanicals, smaller than the Tahoe or Suburban and Ford's
Expedition and Excursion, barely "big" at all, and amazingly space limited
inside.

As Doyle Dane Bernbach did with Chivas Regal Scotch and the Beetle a half
century ago, GM's marketeers sell a package appealing to a niche market,
and sales have been better than projected in may markets.

TMO