"Constellation" Photo Gallery & "Paloma I" Photo Review

Old March 10th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Raoul Fiebig

Default "Constellation" Photo Gallery & "Paloma I" Photo Review

Hello everybody!

I have just published a new photo gallery of Celebrity Cruises' G/T/S
"Constellation" with 98 pictures. All images have kindly been provided
by Mr René Sindt:

http://www.ruderhaus.de/cel-const-sindt/index.htm

Also, for those interested I have added a Photo Review of Hansa
Kreuzfahrten's M/S "Paloma I", a small, fairly basic cruise ship
mainly marketed in German-speaking countries. The review comes with 35
pictures:

http://www.ruderhaus.de/hansa-paloma-visit/index_e.htm

As always, English picture descriptions appear by poiting the mouse
cursor at the full-sized pictures.

Enjoy!

Regards,

Raoul Fiebig

E-Mail: firstnameATruderhaus.de

"Das Ruderhaus": http://www.ruderhaus.de/
Old March 15th, 2004, 04:48 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Raoul Fiebig" wrote in message
Hello everybody!

I have just published a new photo gallery of Celebrity Cruises' G/T/S
"Constellation" with 98 pictures. All images have kindly been provided
by Mr René Sindt:

http://www.ruderhaus.de/cel-const-sindt/index.htm

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos, Raoul. I really like all the
blues on the Constellation~very calming and restful followed by the
beautiful reds in the San Marco restaurant--ship very tastefully done except
for that big pink lion's head emblem on the San Marco/entertainment deck~
that does not seem to look right with all the reds and gold~but perhaps it
looks better when one is actually there. Could just be my personal taste.
The Constellation is a beauty and I would love to cruise on her~~too many
ships and so little time! ;-)

--Jean

Old March 15th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Benjamin Smith

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Raoul Fiebig" wrote in message

Hello everybody!

I have just published a new photo gallery of Celebrity Cruises' G/T/S
"Constellation" with 98 pictures. All images have kindly been provided
by Mr René Sindt:

http://www.ruderhaus.de/cel-const-sindt/index.htm

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos, Raoul. I really like all the
blues on the Constellation~very calming and restful followed by the
beautiful reds in the San Marco restaurant--ship very tastefully done except
for that big pink lion's head emblem on the San Marco/entertainment deck~
that does not seem to look right with all the reds and gold~but perhaps it
looks better when one is actually there. Could just be my personal taste.
The Constellation is a beauty and I would love to cruise on her~~too many
ships and so little time! ;-)

I think the Connie is more tropical in colors than most Celebrity ships,
there's the use of teals/yellows in many public rooms. I didn't find her
as calming as other Celebrity ships, however. The Rendezvous lounge has
lots of patterns and strong colors fairly competing with each other, the
reds and yellows of the dining room are stronger than the colors used on
the Infinity or the Millennium. I can't say there's anything about her
that would make me want to prefer her over the Infinity or Summit, and I
found Connie somewhat glitzy in some ways for a Celebrity ship. All of
the Millennium ships have a similar mood. It does come down to personal
preferences of colors/patterns and the moods they create as to which one
is most preferable. My order is Millennium, Summit, Infinity,
Constellation for this class.

Ben S.

--Jean

Old March 15th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Benjamin Smith

Raoul Fiebig wrote:

Hello everybody!

I have just published a new photo gallery of Celebrity Cruises' G/T/S
"Constellation" with 98 pictures. All images have kindly been provided
by Mr René Sindt:

http://www.ruderhaus.de/cel-const-sindt/index.htm

Also, for those interested I have added a Photo Review of Hansa
Kreuzfahrten's M/S "Paloma I", a small, fairly basic cruise ship
mainly marketed in German-speaking countries. The review comes with 35
pictures:

http://www.ruderhaus.de/hansa-paloma-visit/index_e.htm

Regards,

Raoul Fiebig

Thanks, Raoul

Photo 46 shows one of the problems I have with this class of ships.
You'll notice it is a picture of the main restaurant and you'll notice
the tables and seats are off to the right side while there's a
passageway on the left side. For me there are far too many tables here
and you see that the main part of the restaurant is beyond this area,
this "wing". This is one of the design aspects that bugs me about this
class, and there's many more. Also, anyone's who has seen an Infinity,
Summit or Millennium dining room has seen this one and I think it's a
shame compared to the creativity and differences used going from the
Century to Galaxy to Mercury. For me, this cheapens this class of ship
making it like the other class of ships. Yes, it is cheaper to maintain
it this way, and that, for me, by definition, makes this class feel
cheaper and mass produced than the more custom Century class of ships.

Ben S.

Old March 16th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Raoul Fiebig

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:14:51 GMT, Benjamin Smith
wrote:

Photo 46 shows one of the problems I have with this class of ships.
You'll notice it is a picture of the main restaurant and you'll notice
the tables and seats are off to the right side while there's a
passageway on the left side. For me there are far too many tables here
and you see that the main part of the restaurant is beyond this area,
this "wing". This is one of the design aspects that bugs me about this
class, and there's many more.

Hi Ben!

I do see your point. I've never been on one of the "Millennium"-class
ships myself, but to be honest, I wan't too impressed with the
pictures I've seen. It's not that the ships don't look well, but the
"Century"-class ships are somewhat more appealing IMHO.

Old March 18th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Benjamin Smith" wrote in message news:3Qh5c.4062
Thank you for sharing these wonderful I think the Connie is more tropical
in colors than most Celebrity ships,
there's the use of teals/yellows in many public rooms. I didn't find her
as calming as other Celebrity ships, however. The Rendezvous lounge has
lots of patterns and strong colors fairly competing with each other, the
reds and yellows of the dining room are stronger than the colors used on
the Infinity or the Millennium.

I agree about the strong reds and gold, particularly the gold. I think a
pale gold or beige/gold would have made it look less brassy. Also the deep
gold stained glass ceiling would have been more pleasing in a pale gold or
pearlescent beige.
Pale gold picked up in the red carpeting would have put it all together
nicely. I don't know why they ever put the pink lion's head in the mix.

--Jean

Old March 18th, 2004, 09:37 AM
a.a.t.

Wonderful photographs, thank you Raoul.

Jean, you made me go back and look again after I read both of your posts
mentioning the "pink" lion's head in the San Marcos dining room of the
Constellation.

It does look out of place. But........Could it be that it is not "pink"
rather an opalescent and that the photograph "picked" up the
pink......not that it is pink per se.....perhaps some one who has
cruised on Constellation will be able to describe if it really is a
"pink" or that it is, what I hope, one of those diaphanous, pearlescent
"change with the light" opal like colors..........

ANGELICA

Old March 19th, 2004, 05:28 PM
leek

In article ,
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote:

"Raoul Fiebig" wrote in message
Hello everybody!

I have just published a new photo gallery of Celebrity Cruises' G/T/S
"Constellation" with 98 pictures. All images have kindly been provided
by Mr René Sindt:

http://www.ruderhaus.de/cel-const-sindt/index.htm

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos, Raoul. I really like all the
blues on the Constellation~very calming and restful followed by the
beautiful reds in the San Marco restaurant--

Actually being on the ship isn't so calming - the art is all modern, so
it invites you to wonder about it and peer at it, and investigate it.
And I really don't like the bright purple carpeting (reminds me of my
bedroom when I was in elementary school - a very PURPLE room I had
Old April 12th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Peter Berlin

A good observation for sure Ben. But...we are talking about economy of
production, maintenance and scale. Celebrity does bill itself as a
premium line, but still, premium mass market mainstream for sure.

The Connie give a good ride and pleasurable experience despite its
sameness, and most folks don't cruise so often as to notice. The again,
lots of folk prefer the sameness, but enjoy the slight personality
differences between ships. It makes things a little different, but you
don't get lost.

The value is good, the luxury is as you perceive it, and that's what
makes a good cruise for all concerned.

Peter
Peter Berlin's Travel
Home of the GCL2005 -