Hello from Charleston

Old May 2nd, 2004, 09:59 PM
Eileen Garland

Default Hello from Charleston

Ahh, Charles, it sounds lovely! Did you get to see sunset from Orient
Beach? I hope you're having a great time.

Diana, we've sailed the Galaxy 3 times and wouldn't hesitate to cruise
on this ship again.

Eileen

Charles wrote:

In article 40901855.628.41@news2, D Ball wrote:

Hope you continue to enjoy your cruise & that you reach some
warmer days soon! Those of us in Texas and nearby are
following your take on the Galaxy very closely as she's
coming down to Galveston for the winter...keep the reports
coming!

It is hot here in St. Thomas. Sitting on the promenade deck at the
Havensight dock. Picking up several open wi-fi's. Some might not want
to take advantage of one of those. The early weather makes me think
that those Nov thru April cruises out of New York may not be such a hot
idea so to speak. Went to St. John today. Wonderfull. Snorkeled at
Trunk Bay. Yesterday went to Orient Beach for a couple of hours. We
arrived seven hours late due to a medical evacuation. We were there
from 3:00pm to 11:00 pm. Also most shops were closed as it was
Carnival.

Galaxy is a great ship. You should consider it out of Galveston. I am
disapointed it is leaving Baltimore.

Old May 2nd, 2004, 10:04 PM
Charles

In article , Howie
wrote:

Get up to the disco and do a little moving for me, Charles.

The disco is fairly dead. It was moving the first night and sock hop
night but generaly this is a roll up the sidewalks early crowd. An
empty disco most nights.

--
Charles
Old May 2nd, 2004, 10:10 PM
Charles

In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

Is the food very good overall, or are there inconsistent areas?

I am very happy with the food quality. Also while last year the buffet
was lousy, all kinds of mystery meats etc. This year it is good. Still
buffet food but good for what it is. Also the hours have been improved
and you can always get something. I do have a peeve about the food. The
menues have not changed in years. It is time for a refresh.

--
Charles
Old May 2nd, 2004, 10:46 PM
Tom & Linda

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

Is the food very good overall, or are there inconsistent areas?

I am very happy with the food quality. Also while last year the buffet
was lousy, all kinds of mystery meats etc. This year it is good. Still
buffet food but good for what it is. Also the hours have been improved
and you can always get something. I do have a peeve about the food. The
menues have not changed in years. It is time for a refresh.

From you that's high praise. You're kinda "fussy" like I am.

--Tom

Old May 3rd, 2004, 12:22 AM
Howie

Charles wrote:

In article 40901855.628.41@news2, D Ball wrote:

Hope you continue to enjoy your cruise & that you reach some
warmer days soon! Those of us in Texas and nearby are
following your take on the Galaxy very closely as she's
coming down to Galveston for the winter...keep the reports
coming!

It is hot here in St. Thomas. Sitting on the promenade deck at the
Havensight dock. Picking up several open wi-fi's. Some might not want
to take advantage of one of those. The early weather makes me think
that those Nov thru April cruises out of New York may not be such a hot
idea so to speak. Went to St. John today. Wonderfull. Snorkeled at
Trunk Bay. Yesterday went to Orient Beach for a couple of hours.

Ah Charles. I'm so envious, buddy.

Howie

Old May 3rd, 2004, 12:24 AM
Howie

Charles wrote:

In article , Howie
wrote:

Get up to the disco and do a little moving for me, Charles.

The disco is fairly dead. It was moving the first night and sock hop
night but generaly this is a roll up the sidewalks early crowd. An
empty disco most nights.

Yuck, I had enough of that on the Zuiderdam.

Howie

Old May 3rd, 2004, 12:31 AM
Howie

Charles wrote:

In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

Is the food very good overall, or are there inconsistent areas?

I am very happy with the food quality. Also while last year the buffet
was lousy, all kinds of mystery meats etc. This year it is good. Still
buffet food but good for what it is. Also the hours have been improved
and you can always get something.

Great! With an early crowd, I'd have all the chow to myself in the wee
hours.

Howie

Old May 4th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Sun, 02 May 2004 16:47:56 -0400, Charles
wrote:

It is hot here in St. Thomas. Sitting on the promenade deck at the
Havensight dock. Picking up several open wi-fi's. Some might not want
to take advantage of one of those

Some might take a damn cruise without reporting every time they go to
the **** pot like you do.

Grow up.
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Sun, 02 May 2004 17:04:52 -0400, Charles
wrote:

The disco is fairly dead. It was moving the first night and sock hop
night..

Sock hop = "moving".

LOL