Message from Delta Queen Steamboat Company

Old September 1st, 2005, 11:21 PM
E.k.R.

Default Message from Delta Queen Steamboat Company

Our Valued Passengers,
September 1, 2005

As you can imagine, our call volume has been unusually high, please be
patient as we try to address all of your questions and calls. As of this
time, we don't expect changes to the Mississippi Queen schedule. Any changes
to the American Queen Fall schedules will be announced next week.

The upcoming Saturday cruise on the American Queen, with a scheduled
departure from Memphis, will still be seven days and make the majority of
stops scheduled, but now will end in Memphis instead of New Orleans.

The Delta Queen voyage originally sailing from Nashville, TN to Mobile, AL
departing Sept 3rd will now depart on Sept 3rd from Clarksville, TN sailing
on an 8 night itinerary, arriving in Cincinnati, OH on Sept 11th.
(Clarksville, TN is 52 miles Northwest from Nashville, TN)

The Delta Queen voyage originally scheduled from Mobile, AL to Chattanooga
on Sept 11th will now depart Cincinnati, OH on Sept 11th on a 1 week cruise,
arriving in Chattanooga on Sept 18th.

Letter from President of Delta Queen Steamboat Co.

Dear Friends of the Delta Queen,

As you all know, New Orleans and surrounding areas experienced tremendous
devastation from the hurricane. We have hundreds of valued associates from
the Delta Queen Steamboat Company who faced this devastating storm. We are
doing everything we can to help our employees in the impacted areas.
However, our mission isn't easy. If you have watched the news lately,
significant challenges such as lack of power, telephone service and the
magnitude of this disaster make communication difficult.

The devastation, along with the emotional impact of this disaster on our
associates, is difficult to imagine. While we are grateful that all of our
employees are accounted for so far, we know that many of our associates have
lost their homes. It's hard to imagine what they must be going through.

If there is a bright spot, all three of the Delta Queen steamboats weathered
the storm safe and sound upriver, and we were fortunate that our onboard
passengers and crew are all safe and sound.

I have been so touched by the outpouring of support from our passengers from
around the world asking how they can help our employees who live in New
Orleans and the surrounding areas.

I want to assure you that the Delta Queen Steamboat Company with the help of
our parent company Delaware North Companies will be providing significant
relief to the region and to our associates. We are determining the best way
to do this and will be reaching out to the American Red Cross and other
support agencies as the lines of communication open up.

We hope to be sending out a communication in the next few days outlining our
outreach efforts. I will keep you updated on these efforts as more
information becomes available.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our toll-free
reservations number. We have reservationists standing by to assist you.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. We will certainly pass these along
to our associates.

Sincerely

Bruce Nierenberg
President, Delta Queen Steamboat Company

# # #