why would you steal a cruise review?

Old June 17th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Bill C

Default why would you steal a cruise review?

I was just reading a post on CruiseCritic from a person who posted a review
of her trip on her trip on the Star Princess in April.
http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/O...&m=35110525 2

She posted her review on CruiseCritic .
http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/O...54&m=726107981

While browsing around the internet the other day found her review word for
word except the first paragraph deleted posted on Cruisemates by someone
named Dennis.
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ess/star32.cfm

I have heard of people taking a persons review to post on a review site
without asking but never heard of someone taking your review and passing it
off as their own.

So my question is: "What would motivate someone to do that?"

Bill

Old June 17th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Mike Cordelli

Reminds me of the old joke

Billy, your book report is exactly the same, almost word for word, as your
sisters was two years ago when she got an A.

Why teacher, of course it was, it was the same book.

Old June 17th, 2004, 07:02 PM
SNUMBER6

Steal never ... have it bronzed, maybe ..

Be seeing you
In the Village
Number 6

Old June 17th, 2004, 09:22 PM
John P. Mullen

Bill C wrote:
I was just reading a post on CruiseCritic from a person who posted a review
of her trip on her trip on the Star Princess in April.
http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/O...&m=35110525 2

She posted her review on CruiseCritic .
http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/O...54&m=726107981

While browsing around the internet the other day found her review word for
word except the first paragraph deleted posted on Cruisemates by someone
named Dennis.
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ess/star32.cfm

I have heard of people taking a persons review to post on a review site
without asking but never heard of someone taking your review and passing it
off as their own.

So my question is: "What would motivate someone to do that?"

Bill

Someone named Dennis? Dennis P. Harris?

Old June 17th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Heather

Someone named Dennis? Dennis P. Harris?

Who will now be forever known as Dennis "the cruise review boosting" Menace.

-Heather
Remove CanOspam to email
http://members.aol.com/nookeybear/index1.htm
Old June 17th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Jim

Bill, Thanks so much for discovering this! You are correct, it is word for
word the same review with only the personal ID deleted. I am now checking to
see who stole which review and should it appear that "Dennis" plagiarized it
we will delete this review from our website. I am sure Cruise Critic will
also be doing some checking and I am also sure they will take action if that
review was plagiarized. We want reviews just like any other website but we
only want those that are written by themselves and I am sure other websites,
(at least the reputable ones), feel the same way.
Jim
Community Staff Leader
Cruisemates Inc.

Old June 18th, 2004, 03:35 AM
Monte

I doubt it would be DPH unless it's an extremely negative review and
concentrates on how cruisers are "sheeple" who make too much noise by taking
helicopter excursions in Juneau.

-Monte

Old June 18th, 2004, 04:25 AM
shoreguy

Should be easy to figure out - the Cruise Critic review has a time and date
stamp on the posting. The question is when did the Cruisemate review post.

Old June 18th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Dennis P. Harris

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:35:26 -0700 in rec.travel.cruises, "Monte"
wrote:

I doubt it would be DPH unless it's an extremely negative review and
concentrates on how cruisers are "sheeple" who make too much noise by taking
helicopter excursions in Juneau.

you got that right! i wouldn't bother stealing any of the
glowing "reviews" folks write for those self indulgent websites.
if i posted anything it would be a parody of the goobers and
sheeple beind herded around and getting fleeced by the cruise
lines.