VIENNA HOTEL

Old February 8th, 2007, 10:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default VIENNA HOTEL

Does anyone know a decent hotel under 100 euros within walking distance
of either train station in Vienna, Austria? Thanks.

Old February 9th, 2007, 12:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rog'

wrote:
Does anyone know a decent hotel under 100 euros within
walking distance of either train station in Vienna, Austria?

Someone will sacastically ask, so let me be the first:
In what part of the United States or Canada is Vienna, Austria?
Did you perhpas mean Vienna, Virginia?

Old February 9th, 2007, 01:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Rog'" wrote in message
Does anyone know a decent hotel under 100 euros within
walking distance of either train station in Vienna, Austria?

Someone will sacastically ask, so let me be the first:
In what part of the United States or Canada is Vienna, Austria?
Did you perhpas mean Vienna, Virginia?

chuckle Right on the money, Rog!

My own thoughts ran along the lines of Vienna Sausage, available on the
grocery shelves throughout the United States (and Canada?) ...and they
each cost substantially less than 100 euros or even 100 US or Canadian
dollars. Definitely edible hot or cold straight out of the can such that
they can readily be eaten on the train or in the train station....even when
walking. And nowadays, no can opener needed! :-)

Old February 9th, 2007, 10:50 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alan S[_1_]

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:47:15 -1000,
wrote:

Does anyone know a decent hotel under 100 euros within walking distance
of either train station in Vienna, Austria? Thanks.

If you use
www.hotel.de you can select distance from the
stations as part of your search terms.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Epidaurus
Old February 9th, 2007, 06:14 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Joe Whitlock

wrote in message
Does anyone know a decent hotel under 100 euros within walking distance
of either train station in Vienna, Austria? Thanks.

Try Googling Pension City. It is a small relatively inexpensive place, not
plush but comfortable. Lots of Europeans stay there because Americans have
not heard of it. We stayed there in '87 before it was remodeled and it was
basic but comfortable. For breakfast they wheeled in a table jammed with
food. Now I think they have a breakfast room It is in the oldest, or
almost, sections of Vienna.

Old February 9th, 2007, 06:23 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Joe Whitlock

"Joe Whitlock" wrote in message
hlink.net...

wrote in message
Does anyone know a decent hotel under 100 euros within walking distance
of either train station in Vienna, Austria? Thanks.

Try Googling Pension City. It is a small relatively inexpensive place, not
plush but comfortable. Lots of Europeans stay there because Americans have
not heard of it. We stayed there in '87 before it was remodeled and it was
basic but comfortable. For breakfast they wheeled in a table jammed with
food. Now I think they have a breakfast room It is in the oldest, or
almost, sections of Vienna.

BTW, it may or may not be within walking distance of the train station but
they have good public trans. We got there with luggage and two kids in tow.
It was our first stop on our first trip to Europe. Also BTW, the price is
less than 100 euros