Is there a bagage check in Sens?

Old November 29th, 2008, 07:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JuanElorza[_4_]

Default Is there a bagage check in Sens?

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 09:04:47 -0500, Bruce K. wroteÂ*:

We'll be passing through Sens on the way from Dijon to Paris.

Thanks,

Bruce

Apparently no more baggage checks in Sens.
Trains stations where you will surely find baggage checks :
Paris Austerlitz/Lyon/ Montparnasse/Nord et Marne la Vallée Chessy,
Angers, Avignon centre, Bordeaux, Cannes, Marseille, Nantes, Nice,
Toulouse, Lyon Part-Dieu, Dijon, Lyon Perrache, Strasbourg
Old November 29th, 2008, 07:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JuanElorza[_4_]

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 09:04:47 -0500, Bruce K. wroteÂ*:

We'll be passing through Sens on the way from Dijon to Paris.

Thanks,

Bruce

Informations web site on train stations in France, Sens doesn't appear
among them.
http://www.gares-en-mouvement.com/

The language selection button does not give anything but french, a
translator will give you an idea of the content.
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
Old November 30th, 2008, 05:35 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
grusl[_4_]

"pg" wrote in message ...
"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 16:55:24 +0000, (David Horne,
_the_
chancellor (*)) wrote:

= We'll be passing through Sens on the way from Dijon to Paris.

And you want to know if some official people will get on the
train
to look at your bags?

How quaint

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but it's just another term
for
left-luggage.

Not in Europe.

You knew what he meant.

To be honest, initially I didn't.

Well, you learned something then!

It is useful, as some Americans will look at you oddly in the US when
you ask where "left-luggage" is. I think they call it parcel check at NY
Penn station...

I can't recall ever having to ask.

I did say initially, I recalled something I knew already.

Anyway where did he mention trains?

He didn't. It's a safe assumption.

No assumption is safe on RTE when daft questions are being asked. I
assumed
troll.

If I bother to answer a question on RTE, I'm not really doing it for the
person asking the question. (Though Bruce K is not an unknown poster
here, and not a troll IME.) I'm doing it for a wider readership, though
ultimately myself- IOW, what would I do to find out if a French station
had left luggage...

or a town?

Just to back you up ever so slightly on this, despite having lived in all
manner of countries (except for the US), I was as clueless as you were
about the original enquiry.

Likewise ... but it's early here. No troll, I don't think, just a vague
question.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old November 30th, 2008, 10:12 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge13[_2_]

hahaha aren't they funny those 2 !!!

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:31:53 +0100, Magda wrote:

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:27:23 +0100, in rec.travel.europe, Martin

arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:20:13 +0100, Magda
... On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 09:04:47 -0500, in rec.travel.europe, Bruce K.
... arranged some electrons, so they
looked like this:
... ... We'll be passing through Sens on the way from Dijon to Paris.
... ...
... ... Thanks,
... ...
... ... Bruce
... Sens is another country within France??
... No one told me!
... You need to make more effort to keep up at the back, Magda.

I'm only giggling over here.

See me after school.
--

Martin

Old November 30th, 2008, 03:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Bruce K.

Sorry for the ambiguous post.

The question should have been:

Is there a left luggage vendor at the Sens Rail station?

Thanks again,

Bruce
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erick T. Barkhuis

Zane:
On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:05:56 +0530, "grusl"
wrote:

(snip)

Just to back you up ever so slightly on this, despite having lived in all
manner of countries (except for the US), I was as clueless as you were
about the original enquiry.

Likewise ... but it's early here. No troll, I don't think, just a vague
question.

I was surprised at the response to the original question, since I
didn't think "hat check" and "coat check", for example, were
unusual terms in the UK. (On the other hand, I would have never
figured out "left-luggage" without being told explicitly what that
meant.)

Well, I would have easily guessed what left-luggage is supposed to be.
But "luggage check" or "baggage check" to me sound like luggage control
as performed using X-ray at the airport.

When reading the original question, I immediately associated it with a
plane stopover and an inquiry whether or not the bags had to be re-
scanned.

Interesting language, english! :-)

--
Erick