Cruise Critic Censorship

Old March 25th, 2009, 04:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Default Cruise Critic Censorship

D Ball wrote:
Diana, I have faith that one day I will get to meet you in person!!

How long untill the kids are in college so you can join some of the groups?

I hope you are still thinking about the MOAGC on the Oasis, Oct. 2010 I
think.

sue

Sue, it is only a matter of time, for sure!

Fall 2010...hmmm...leaving a 17yo boy home alone?! I dunno. I will
have to think about that one.

But you're getting warmer!

I left our teenage son home once and only once.lol He was a good kid,
honor student etc, but we never left him home alone again. Actually my
daughter, 2 1/2 years older was home that weekend and she escaped to a
friends house.

The end of 2011 Kevin will retire and once we get settled, we can cruise
whenever it is good for you to join us.

sue

Old March 28th, 2009, 03:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

D Ball wrote:
Hey, Jeff G and Erm, I would love to meet y'all, too--our day will
come! There are so many RTCers I look forward to meeting in the
future...including Dillon, who lives in my home town, and Jean, who is
just a hop, skip and a jump away (but never at home, always at sea!).

It is only by chance that I've been able to meet a few RTCers--Jeff C,
Howie & Eileen and the lovely Z's (who don't post here anymore) all
happened to take the same maiden voyage of the Serenade of the Seas
(still one of my absolute fav ships!) from Amsterdam to Boston one
summer. That was a really neat cruise, made all the more special by
having the opportunity to meet cyberfriends in real life! Jeff,
aren't you the keeper of the picture from our group lunch? I guess I
need to go dig for it. My photo archives are in embarrassingly bad
shape.

And then there was the (in)famous Liberty two-nighter compliments of
Royal Caribbean + a bunch of my dough to fly across the country to
meet some more of the RTC gang!

The "funnest" thing about meeting people "in real life" is how much
they are like their posting personas...and also how different they are
from their posting personas. Take Charles, for example. He is so
serious when he posts. And yet, when I cruised with him, he was an
absolutely wild and crazy maniac on the dance floor 'til all wee hours
of the morning, LOL.

Diana

I probably have some pictures somewhere on that! Was nice meeting the
folks and we even hung out with Howie and Eileen a little bit in
Amsterdam pre-cruise. That summer was such a transitional period in
life, who would have thought THAT cruise was the end of an era for me?
But more cruises were to come, thank goodness! Hmmmm, lemme go search
on for those pictures!

Jeff
Old March 28th, 2009, 05:56 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee McCauley[_2_]

Jeff wrote:
D Ball wrote:

[...]

You guys! Oh, how I miss Eileen. She was such a good friend. And I
don't hear from Howie very often, now that he's a grandpa. Cruised
recently with the Z's. They came to visit me a couple of years ago and
spent the day. I introduced them to the Maryland soft crab. He jokes
that he "lost his virginity" on that trip, since it was a first for him.
Pehaps they'll pay me another visit this summer. On the Feb cruise, he
wanted to know when the best time is around here for soft shells. LOL

Ermalee