Query Danger Traveling Alone in Spain??

Old October 12th, 2003, 12:31 PM
tc

Default Query Danger Traveling Alone in Spain??

I have booked a flight to Madrid in 109 days and planned to take the train to
Granada and then rent a car and drive around to see the historic sights all over
Spain. However, my wife has been reading the Lonely Planet Guidebook and has
become fearful of crime and now wants to go with a tour group - which I dislke.
Is it possible that traveling alone in Spain is unsafe, i.e., gangs of muggers
pickpockets, unable to leave cars on street or is this just tour company
propganda? Please reply ASAP to: Muchas gracias.

Tony
Old October 14th, 2003, 05:21 PM
IJH

Just propaganda.

Million of tourist every year confirm that it´s a safe place. Last years, a
huge avalanche of inmigrant from Africa, Rumania, Russia, and other
countries made some places dangerous. Just keep out from foreigners in
Spain... not from spanish people.

Enjoy in Granada, Sevilla, Cordoba and Marbella. Good trip!

"tc" escribió en el mensaje
I have booked a flight to Madrid in 109 days and planned to take the train

Granada and then rent a car and drive around to see the historic sights

all over
Spain. However, my wife has been reading the Lonely Planet Guidebook and

has
become fearful of crime and now wants to go with a tour group - which I

dislke.
Is it possible that traveling alone in Spain is unsafe, i.e., gangs of

muggers
pickpockets, unable to leave cars on street or is this just tour company
propganda? Please reply ASAP to: Muchas gracias.

Tony

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old October 24th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Mtwhitney62

A tour group is not much safer, a lady from our group had her wallet and
passport stolen on the way from the bus to the restroom only a few feet away.