Caribbean Princess review on Cruise Critic

Old June 15th, 2006, 04:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Caribbean Princess review on Cruise Critic

Charles wrote:

In article . com,
Warren wrote:

Charles wrote:

Seeing as another day passed with no further response by e-mail or a
change in the review, I did post about it on their Princess board at
7:11 pm.

And they must have removed the post. I can't find it!

Warren

They deleted the thread sometime between 9:32pm and 10:00pm. There were
at least 31 posts in the thread before they deleted it.

I saw your thread earlier this evening and when I checked later on it
wasn't there, so I figured it was pulled. I got fed up with
cruisecritic along time ago, there are a couple of things I don't like
about it. I still use it, but not on a regular basis and I rarely post
there.

I don't like that they took the roll calls off the main boards, makes
it harder to share information about a ship. Yes there is chit chat on
the roll calls, but there is also alot of good information shared.

The other thing I didn't like was the way the mods. worked. I was on
the Disney Board some time ago and a woman was worried about a
daughter who was on the Magic. I think it was during a hurricane that
affected the ships itin, don't remember all the details. I had read
about the situation on the disboards earlier, so I told the woman
where she could find out about her daughters situation. The moderator
didn't like me posting that information and emailed me about it. I
know they want to keep people on their own boards, but this was an
emergency situation and I took exception to the normal rules.

sue
Old June 15th, 2006, 05:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Bill wrote:

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Charles wrote:

They deleted the thread sometime between 9:32pm and 10:00pm. There were
at least 31 posts in the thread before they deleted it.

I saw your thread earlier this evening and when I checked later on it
wasn't there, so I figured it was pulled. I got fed up with
cruisecritic along time ago, there are a couple of things I don't like
about it. I still use it, but not on a regular basis and I rarely post
there.

So what was the tone of the discussion in the thread? Were
people agreeing that it was inappropriate or were they defending
it like here?

My big complaint about CC is that they do not let you edit your
post after 20 minutes. I have a bad habit of making typos that I
like to change if I notice them later on, even a day or two if I
happen to be back in the thread. Their board does not allow a
post to be changed after 20 minutes. Really stupid policy, but I
complained and they said they would not change it.

There were only a few posts when I saw it and as I recall there were
people on both sides. I am sure as time when on it got argumentative,
just as it has here.

sue
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , Bill
wrote:

So what was the tone of the discussion in the thread? Were
people agreeing that it was inappropriate or were they defending
it like here?

Most agreed that it was inappropriate and that Cruise Critic was
handleing it badly.

--
Charles
Old June 15th, 2006, 10:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

There were only a few posts when I saw it and as I recall there were
people on both sides. I am sure as time when on it got argumentative,
just as it has here.

By post 31 when they deleted the thread I thought it had gone rather
well.

--
Charles
Old June 15th, 2006, 02:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:

There were only a few posts when I saw it and as I recall there were
people on both sides. I am sure as time when on it got argumentative,
just as it has here.

By post 31 when they deleted the thread I thought it had gone rather
well.

Glad it had gone well, I got back to it too late.

See you on saturday!

sue
Old June 16th, 2006, 04:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On 13 Jun 2006 20:25:36 -0700, Warren wrote:

I wrote directly to the editor. She replied back this morning that
she'd pass along my concerns. No change.

She's Jewish, she's not concerned, wonder why?
--
http://www.punkvoter.com/anim/anim-idiot.html
Old June 16th, 2006, 04:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:43:44 GMT, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

What disturbs me is that *chew* sounds too much like the first word that she
used..Besides, it really doesn't make any sense as it is not commonly
used..Why can't they just substitute *bargain* or *negotiate*? All they
need to do is contact the author of that review and ask to insert one of
those words instead, for heaven's sake!

Jeannie Queenie, Jews don't believe in Heaven's Sake.

You moron.
--
http://www.punkvoter.com/anim/anim-idiot.html