Baltic Sea Cruise, 2009

Old January 29th, 2008, 10:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Easy News

Default Baltic Sea Cruise, 2009

Hi Cruisers,
I need your suggestions in trying to arrange flights and shuttle service
for the following.

We are planning a Baltic Sea Cruise, or I think it is officially called
Northern Europe Cruise in May of 2009 on Carnival's Liberty.

We will need to ffly to London and from there, find transportation to Dover
where we will board the ship.
We are getting our cruise tickets through Vacations To Go but we were
advised to arrange our own flight from Orlando to London as well as the
transfer from London to Dover since Vacations To go can only recommend the
cruise lines for flights and it was suggested that on our own, we could
probably find much cheaper flights and transfers.

So I was wondering what you might suggest as a place to look.
I am thinking that we will probably have to fly too London the day before
our ship is scheduled to depart from Dover in order to make it on time.

Would it be possible to fly in to London from Orlando and get a shuttle
from the airport to take us to Dover?
Does anyone know how far it is from the London airport to Dover and which of
the airports would be best?

The ship leaves at 6;00 PM I think but of course, we will need to be there
probably about 3 hours earlier in order to go through all the check in
procedure at the ship.
I would also appreciate any suggestions about going through customs at the
airport and wonder how much time we should allow for that.

Can you suggest any package deals that would
include our air fare and shuttle to the port.

I have found your suggestions in the past to be so helpful in other trips
we have taken so I am hoping you can help us again.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
Cheers, Sandy

Old January 29th, 2008, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

i am doing this trip next august on the carnival freedom.
i found air from jfk to london via air france/delta half of what ccl would
charge. it's too early for 09 but check kayak.com
then the train from heathrow into london for a few nights. then we're
taking the train to dover. limos etc are way expensive.
check out the cruisecritic europe board for lots of great info
several on rtc have traveled in london and i'm going to be picking their
brains soon for things to do!
sheree

Old January 29th, 2008, 11:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter[_3_]

"Easy News" wrote in
:

Hi Cruisers,
I need your suggestions in trying to arrange flights and shuttle
service for the following.

We are planning a Baltic Sea Cruise, or I think it is officially
called Northern Europe Cruise in May of 2009 on Carnival's Liberty.

We will need to ffly to London and from there, find transportation to
Dover where we will board the ship.
We are getting our cruise tickets through Vacations To Go but we were
advised to arrange our own flight from Orlando to London

Air tickets are not available more than 11 months out so it will be June
before you can purchase anything. Sorry VtG can't help on line folks do
have their restrictions.

Try to fly in at least a day early and see London (at least some of it)
You could pull up this years schedules for your dates to see what
generally will be happening in a year and a half, though as we all know
things do change over time.
--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com