GoodBye Dear Freinds....

Old April 19th, 2010, 04:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sherlock1

Default GoodBye Dear Freinds....

Dear Valued Customer:

Effective June 30, 2010, Cox Communications will discontinue Usenet service
to our subscribers.

Declining newsgroup usage in recent years has highlighted the need to focus
our resources on other priorities, such as increasing our Internet speeds
and providing new services, including Cox Media Store and Share.

We understand that our newsgroup subscribers may want to continue accessing
Usenet. Therefore, we have worked with leading newsgroup service provider
Giganews to offer special pricing for Cox subscribers.

As a Cox subscriber you can take advantage of the following special pricing
on Giganews service:

1.. Giganews Diamond Plan: Cox customers will receive the Giganews Diamond
Plan for only $14.99 per month for the first two months (a 50% discount) and
10% off the regular price beginning in the third month.
2.. Other Giganews Plans: With plans starting at $2.99 per month, there
are several options to meet your needs. Cox customers receive 50% off the
first month of all other Giganews plans and 10% off the then current price
beginning in the second month.
3.. All plans provide a free 14 day trial* so you can try the service
before you buy and there are no long-term contracts.

--
The modern world,
Would be less snarled.

If the most important Marx,
Had been Groucho, instead of Karl.

Willis Frick
SYSOP, Sherlocktron
http://members.cox.net/sherlock1/Sherlocktron.html

Old April 20th, 2010, 06:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:57:24 -0700, sherlock1 wrote:
Dear Valued Customer:

Effective June 30, 2010, Cox Communications will discontinue Usenet service
to our subscribers.

probably because they were tired of dealing with spamming assholes like
you.
Old April 20th, 2010, 07:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marcia R.

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:57:24 -0700, sherlock1 wrote:
Dear Valued Customer:

Effective June 30, 2010, Cox Communications will discontinue Usenet service
to our subscribers.

probably because they were tired of dealing with spamming assholes like
you.

I've seen that in other groups, and I don't know if it's true or not.
Sadly, I have Cox so I guess I'll soon find out.

Marcia
Old April 20th, 2010, 07:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

"Marcia R." wrote:

I've seen that in other groups, and I don't know if it's true or not.
Sadly, I have Cox so I guess I'll soon find out.

None has to say goodbye because their cable company or other ISP drops
Usenet. Mine did and I signed up with Individual net for a small yearly
fee. It comes out to about $13 a year. Others have signed up with free
news service providers. Eternal September is one many use.

--
Charles
Old April 20th, 2010, 07:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Marcia R. wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:57:24 -0700, sherlock1 wrote:
Dear Valued Customer:

Effective June 30, 2010, Cox Communications will discontinue Usenet
service to our subscribers.

probably because they were tired of dealing with spamming assholes like
you.

I've seen that in other groups, and I don't know if it's true or not.
Sadly, I have Cox so I guess I'll soon find out.

Marcia, I suggest you sign up with news.individual.net which is what we
call the German Server. It costs about $15.00 per year and is very
reliable. The so called bargain they are giving you with giganews,
isn't very good. Giganews is what my ISP used to use and it is very
unreliable.

sue
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

Charles wrote:
"Marcia R." wrote:

I've seen that in other groups, and I don't know if it's true or not.
Sadly, I have Cox so I guess I'll soon find out.

None has to say goodbye because their cable company or other ISP drops
Usenet. Mine did and I signed up with Individual net for a small yearly
fee. It comes out to about $13 a year. Others have signed up with free
news service providers. Eternal September is one many use.

I use eternal september and rarely have any issues and it's free for now
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
peter wrote:

promoting. Alternatively, you can use Google Groups.

Friends don't let friends use Google Groups .(g).

--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marcia R.

Sue Mullen wrote:

Marcia R. wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:57:24 -0700, sherlock1 wrote:
Dear Valued Customer:

Effective June 30, 2010, Cox Communications will discontinue Usenet
service to our subscribers.

probably because they were tired of dealing with spamming assholes like
you.

I've seen that in other groups, and I don't know if it's true or not.
Sadly, I have Cox so I guess I'll soon find out.

Marcia, I suggest you sign up with news.individual.net which is what we
call the German Server. It costs about $15.00 per year and is very
reliable. The so called bargain they are giving you with giganews,
isn't very good. Giganews is what my ISP used to use and it is very
unreliable.

sue

When and if it really comes to pass, I'll weigh my options. It's just
really annoying that Cox keeps raising their prices and offering less.

Marcia
Old April 20th, 2010, 10:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Marcia R. wrote:
Sue Mullen wrote:

wrote:
Dear Valued Customer:

Effective June 30, 2010, Cox Communications will discontinue Usenet
service to our subscribers.

probably because they were tired of dealing with spamming assholes like
you.

I've seen that in other groups, and I don't know if it's true or not.
Sadly, I have Cox so I guess I'll soon find out.

Marcia, I suggest you sign up with news.individual.net which is what
we call the German Server. It costs about $15.00 per year and is very
reliable. The so called bargain they are giving you with giganews,
isn't very good. Giganews is what my ISP used to use and it is very
unreliable.

sue

When and if it really comes to pass, I'll weigh my options. It's just
really annoying that Cox keeps raising their prices and offering less.

Most ISPs droped newsgroups some time ago, so it was just a matter of
time untill Cox did the same thing. I wonder if there is any ISP left
that still has newsgroups.

sue
Old April 20th, 2010, 10:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:20:16 -0400, Sue Mullen
wrote:

When and if it really comes to pass, I'll weigh my options. It's just
really annoying that Cox keeps raising their prices and offering less.

Most ISPs droped newsgroups some time ago, so it was just a matter of
time untill Cox did the same thing. I wonder if there is any ISP left
that still has newsgroups.

I don't know about 'most'. I still get the newsgroups on earthlink.
knock wood.

Even though it may appear to be a good deal, I have resisted putting
all my eggs in one basket. That is I won't bundle my internet, TV and
phone all in a package from one company unless I don't care about two
of the three. So if I get cell phone service and it comes with TV,
and I wouldn't get TV if it didn't come with the phone, than I'd go
with it.

We still have a landline phone that is NOT wireless so if the
electricity goes off (which it does around here), but the phone lines
are OK we still can communicate. If the satellite dish is completely
covered with snow, we can still hook up the antenna and get broadcast
channels. We have a gas grill so we can still cook. And we have a
generator so we can charge batteries and look at TV and keep the
freezer and refrigerator running.