2 weeks in australia

Old November 15th, 2004, 12:30 PM
hedwig

"Peter Webb" schreef in bericht
.... excuse me if I think that Sydney is
the most beautiful city on earth (I may be biased),

you are not biased at all.
It's the truth.

hedwig
Europe

Old November 15th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Ken Pisichko

Alan, he graduated sigma cum laude ;-)

Alan wrote:

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:32:10 +1000, windsor wrote:

champa wrote:

Let's get one thing clear... new zealand is a hole. How many Aussies
migrate to NZ? Hardly any. How many NZ'er migrate to Australia? MANY.

Mate, did you go to the Les Patterson college for Australian diplomatic
training?

Old November 15th, 2004, 06:13 PM
ncurtis

(champa) wrote in message . com...
Qantas is offering some good fares to australia/nz and we would like
to take advantage of it and book our tickets for mid March.
unfortunately we have only 2 weeks vacation and I know very little
about the area except these: sydney is beautiful and new zealand is
breathtaking.

You could just as easily describe parts of Sydney as breathtaking and
much of NZ as beautiful ;-) . Are you seeking scenery or something
else? And what type of scenery, if that's what piques your interest?

I also am not sure what the seasons are like at that
time and if that is a good time ot travel. we don't want to be cold.

Beginning of autumn in NZ and southern Oz. Doesn't conflict with
school holidays in either country, so lodging should be easy to find.
I assume from your travel plans that you're somewhat from my neck of
the woods (my neck of the woods being near Bangor, ME). If that's
true, you wouldn't be cold anywhere, except perhaps on the very top of
the Southern Alps. You might, in fact, find that huge stretches of
Australia are still so warm/humid that you feel like a sick dog.

We'll be flying out of Boston and there are no flights into NZ, but
there is from LA with additional fare. I think we might like to fly
into Sydney and then travel to NZ. Obviously there is not enough time
to do either country justice but this may be once in a lifetime visit.
I have to book by Tuesday! Any and all suggestions will be most
appreciated.
Here is the site for details.
http://www.qantasusa.com/webDeals/236

I *would* suggest a 2-base trip, 1 in Oz and 1 in NZ. But, assuming
you fly RT to Sydney instead of open jaws amongst the US, NZ, and Oz,
the flights between Oz and NZ and then back again mean you lose the
better part of 2 days. Not worth it for such a limited time frame.

Possible helpful hints:
NZ: warm to cool and green, easy access to native (Maori) culture,
easy to escape both cities and fellow tourists
Oz: hot to warm and gray-green to brown, easy access to bizarre
animals, easy to find urban delights and fellow tourists.

Good luck with the decision. Honestly, it's hard to go wrong unless
you spend the entire trip in transit.
Nancy

Old November 15th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Alan

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 07:56:38 -0600, Ken Pisichko wrote:

Alan, he graduated sigma cum laude ;-)

sigma cum louder?

Cheers, Alan