BWI-AKL Late January. Looking for Cheapest Fare

Old December 21st, 2008, 09:57 AM posted to rec.travel.air
John Levine

Default BWI-AKL Late January. Looking for Cheapest Fare

I HAVE to wonder why ANYONE would spend that money and time just to go to a
wedding.

Don't be silly. A wedding is a great excuse for a junket to New
Zealand in January, when it's winter here but the middle of the summer
there.

Old December 22nd, 2008, 03:59 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 23:24:41 GMT, "Sharx35"
wrote:

I HAVE to wonder why ANYONE would spend that money and time just to go to a
wedding.
Send the newlyweds a cheque for HALF what it would cost you to travel there.
Guaranteed, they will be thrilled~!!!!

It's a long way and a lot of money but you don't seem aware of
interpersonal relationships.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 07:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air
A. RILEY

DONT FLY

RIDE THE ROADS IT'S BETTER

MUCH SAFER

TAKE THE ROADS TO YOUR DESTINATIONS

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

=+=

Old December 22nd, 2008, 08:21 AM posted to rec.travel.air
sharx35

"A. RILEY" wrote in message
DONT FLY

RIDE THE ROADS IT'S BETTER

MUCH SAFER

TAKE THE ROADS TO YOUR DESTINATIONS

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

=+=

Uh, isn't New Zealand still separated from the U.S. by just a wee bit of
water?

Old December 22nd, 2008, 08:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air
sharx35

wrote:

I HAVE to wonder why ANYONE would spend that money and time just to go to
wedding.
Send the newlyweds a cheque for HALF what it would cost you to travel
there.
Guaranteed, they will be thrilled~!!!!

It's a long way and a lot of money but you don't seem aware of
interpersonal relationships.

If *I* was getting married (of course, I already am), it might sound
callous, but
I'd rather have your good wishes, via long distance phone, or the internet,
along with
a cheque for far less than your expenses for actually transporting your
carcass here and back.

Old December 22nd, 2008, 11:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 07:22:58 GMT, "Sharx35"
wrote:

If *I* was getting married (of course, I already am), it might sound
callous, but
I'd rather have your good wishes, via long distance phone, or the internet,
along with
a cheque for far less than your expenses for actually transporting your
carcass here and back.

Not everyone is so mercenary.

Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:27 AM posted to rec.travel.air
sharx35

wrote:

If *I* was getting married (of course, I already am), it might sound
callous, but
I'd rather have your good wishes, via long distance phone, or the
internet,
along with
a cheque for far less than your expenses for actually transporting your
carcass here and back.

Not everyone is so mercenary.

I call it being FRUGAL...which allowed me to leave the rat race at the age
of 42, going to part time self employment. Of course, if you WANT
to work to age 90, keep on spending tens of thousands on flights of
questionable need.

Old December 24th, 2008, 01:31 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 23:27:53 GMT, "Sharx35"
wrote:

I call it being FRUGAL...which allowed me to leave the rat race at the age
of 42, going to part time self employment. Of course, if you WANT
to work to age 90, keep on spending tens of thousands on flights of
questionable need.

I have nothing against being frugal. I just also think personal
relationships are important.

Old December 24th, 2008, 06:13 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message %dH3l.2001$sM.327@edtnps83 "Sharx35"
was claimed to have wrote:

"A. RILEY" wrote in message
DONT FLY

RIDE THE ROADS IT'S BETTER

MUCH SAFER

TAKE THE ROADS TO YOUR DESTINATIONS

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

=+=

Uh, isn't New Zealand still separated from the U.S. by just a wee bit of
water?

Plus the stats show the most dangerous part of a flight is usually the
drive to the airport.
Old December 24th, 2008, 11:02 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message Brian
was claimed to have wrote:

I have nothing against being frugal. I just also think personal
relationships are important.

I do too, and this is why I abhor weddings and similar: You don't get to
spend any time with the people involved at big gatherings, there simply
isn't the time.