Iguazu Falls when you're in a wheelchair

Old June 12th, 2011, 09:05 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
AGW

Default Iguazu Falls when you're in a wheelchair

Hello.

I have the chance to spend a day or so in and around Iguazu Falls in
mid-March, 2012, prior to a cruise that leaves from Rio. I'm a
paraplegic (male, 47) in a wheelchair but not frail. (While I cannot
walk, I can transfer from the wheelchair into a car.) I know that the
area has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For those who
have been the how wheelchair-friendly is it? Are the trails/ramps
steep? Are there viewing platforms that I could reach? Comments, both
specific to access and general in nature, would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old June 13th, 2011, 05:01 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Gerald Oliver Swift

"AGW" wrote in message
Hello.

I have the chance to spend a day or so in and around Iguazu Falls in
mid-March, 2012, prior to a cruise that leaves from Rio. I'm a paraplegic
(male, 47) in a wheelchair but not frail. (While I cannot walk, I can
transfer from the wheelchair into a car.) I know that the area has been
designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For those who have been the
how wheelchair-friendly is it? Are the trails/ramps steep? Are there
viewing platforms that I could reach? Comments, both specific to access
and general in nature, would be most appreciated.

See:-
http://www.iguazuargentina.com/espan...pasarelas.html
and
http://www.cataratasdoiguacu.com.br/deficientes_en.asp

Enjoy your visit!

Old January 21st, 2012, 04:07 AM
maryrobinson maryrobinson is offline
Member

Location: Carlisle, IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGW View Post
Hello.

I have the chance to spend a day or so in and around Iguazu Falls in
mid-March, 2012, prior to a cruise that leaves from Rio. I'm a
paraplegic (male, 47) in a wheelchair but not frail. (While I cannot
walk, I can transfer from the wheelchair into a car.) I know that the
area has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For those who
have been the how wheelchair-friendly is it? Are the trails/ramps
steep? Are there viewing platforms that I could reach? Comments, both
specific to access and general in nature, would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Iguazu Falls is really one of the famous tourist attractions in Brazil.. some visit brazil just to see this..
I think the path to the falls is not that bad.. Wheelchair can go their just be sure to have someone to guide you..