Obama enters his race simply as African-American on census form

Old April 4th, 2010, 12:12 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
O'Donovan, PJ, Himself

Default Obama enters his race simply as African-American on census form

Obama enters his race simply as African-American on census form

http://preview.tinyurl.com/94b4zEvleths

Excerpts:

AP

"He may be the world's foremost mixed-race leader, but when it came to
the official government head count, President Obama gave only one
answer to the question about his ethnic background: African-
American....

.... Obama the community activist and then politician always self-
identified as African-American, and he now wears the mantle of
America's first black president with pride. On a visit to Ghana last
year, he took his wife and daughters to see Gold Coast Castle, the one-
time slave trading depot from which thousands of Africans were sent in
shackles to a life of toil in the New World. Mrs. Obama is descended
from a South Carolina slave....

The president's multiracial heritage has been a subject for oceans of
commentary in America and around the world. But it's also been a cause
for teasing, and even satire.
"The first black president!" exclaimed comedian Wanda Sykes at a
dinner last year of the White House Correspondents' Association. "I'm
proud to be able to say that. That's unless you screw up. And then
it's going to be, 'What's up with the half-white guy?"'....."

Leave a Comment
Old April 4th, 2010, 12:23 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Mike[_40_]

On Apr 4, 7:12*am, "O'Donovan, PJ, Himself"
wrote:
Obama enters his race simply as African-American on census form

It pays better
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:17 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

O'Donovan, PJ, Himself writes:

"He may be the world's foremost mixed-race leader, but when it came to
the official government head count, President Obama gave only one
answer to the question about his ethnic background: African-
American....

There are a lot more advantages to calling oneself black than there are to
calling oneself Irish.
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:08 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Donna Evleth[_1_]

From: Mxsmanic
Newsgroups:
alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,aus.politi cs,rec.tr
avel.europe
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 15:17:20 +0200

O'Donovan, PJ, Himself writes:

"He may be the world's foremost mixed-race leader, but when it came to
the official government head count, President Obama gave only one
answer to the question about his ethnic background: African-
American....

There are a lot more advantages to calling oneself black than there are to
calling oneself Irish.

We have no real information that O'Donovan is Irish, since O'Donovan is not
his real name.

Donna Evleth

Old April 4th, 2010, 06:34 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
O'Donovan, PJ, Himself

..

On Apr 4, 1:08 pm, Donna Evleth The dead ringer
From: Mxsmanic

There are a lot more advantages to calling oneself black than there are to
calling oneself Irish.

We have no real information that O'Donovan is Irish, since O'Donovan is not
his real name.

Donna Evleth- -

I have gone through this with her several times. Here is an exchange
from 2007: I pasted below:

On Mar 19 2007, 8:42 am, "PJ O'Donovan" wrote:
Do you mind, is your nick a name or just a nick? Its just that you
seem to be solidly conservative, as is a certain turncoat by the name
of PJ O'Rourke.

Thang

A nickname.

Some years ago after using my real name on usenet, I received some
phone threats and harassment from some " compassionate" liberal types
infesting the internet and decided to drop my real name as opposed to
unlisting our phone for that reason.

A real PJ O'Donovan dropped dead suddenly in a church inKenmare
Ireland many years ago. I heard an excited discussion about it shortly
after it happened from local people in an adjoining table while my
wife and I were at a restaurant inKenmare. Even though it was a
tragedy and shock to those in the church there were some amusing
comments in the exchanges.

Since 3 of my grandparents were born in Ireland, the brogues in that
conversation inKenmarebrought back memories of them going back many
years and I listened carefully.

When my wife and I returned to our car traveling around the
countryside, I started to replicate the accent in repeating the saga
of PJ O'donovan dropping dead in the church. Much to her amusement, I
managed to replicate the exchange and accents very well and she found
it amusing to the extent I would occasionally repeat it to family and
friends to their amusement also when we returned home.

When it came time to register on google with usenet, PJ O'donovan came
to mind and I entered it when google asked for a nickname and have
been using it ever since. The similarity to PJ O"Rourke is therefore
pure coincidence.

An actual exchange that took place even today will indicate why I must
maintain anonymity as I really get my kicks infuriating left wingers
on usenet:

its your name, thats OK because I am purerly celt as well.

Thang

You misspelled "****" if you're speaking to peabrain....

Fred D Bloggs

LOL

Old April 4th, 2010, 06:48 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
O'Donovan, PJ, Himself

On Apr 4, 9:17*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
O'Donovan, PJ, Himself writes:
"He may be the world's foremost mixed-race leader, but when it came to
the official government head count, President Obama gave only one
answer to the question about his ethnic background: African-
American....

There are a lot more advantages to calling oneself black than there are to
calling oneself Irish.

Let's see: Barrack Hussein Obama is 50% white, 43.75% Arab and 6.25%
negro - and yet he has found it most oportunistic to identify himself
as a negro all of his life

Oppressives, err opps progressives, believe in the one drop rule. One
drop negro = 100% African American.

Just announce you have that drop of negro blood and get the full
preferential treatment of affirmative action benefits just like Obama
has.
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:02 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Mike[_40_]

On Apr 4, 1:23*pm, Earl Evleth wrote:
On 4/04/10 15:17, in article ,

"Mxsmanic" wrote:
There are a lot more advantages to calling oneself black than there are to
calling oneself Irish.

What are those? *The prejudice against the Irish in American has
progressively decreased although they and the Catholics were
the chief objects of hate by the Know-Nothings in the 1840s.

The current Tea baggers are not noticeably anti either Irish
or Catholic. Their targets are the Blacks.

That's stupid. You remember not too long ago the black Tea party
member who was acosted by members of the SEIU?

What White person would want to be suddenly transformed
into a Black person? I see no particular problem in under
going conversion to a person have Irish ancestry.

Blax get more bennies...

Enlighten us. *

Old April 4th, 2010, 07:07 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

Donna Evleth writes:

We have no real information that O'Donovan is Irish, since O'Donovan is not
his real name.

I wasn't talking about O'Donovan, whoever that is, but thank you for proving
my point.
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:10 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

Earl Evleth writes:

What are those?

Irish people aren't eligible for Affirmative Action handouts, and can't cry
racism if someone fails to salivate when they ring a bell, and can't insist on
"compensation" for their great-great-grandparents having been slaves, and
can't have 17 children by 17 different partners and escape child support, and
so on.

What White person would want to be suddenly transformed
into a Black person?

None, but when special privileges are available for legally-black people,
mentioning a black ancestor might be useful. You don't have to have dark skin
to be legally black, and if you are legally white having dark skin doesn't
matter.