European trip ?'s

Old January 30th, 2006, 03:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default European trip ?'s

Following up to The Reid :

Following up to eetinBelgië

sounds like an interesting little camera for those its relevant
to.

I thought you liked wide angle !!!!

whats wrong with this camera,

look like it could be a nice little P&S

or are you just being snobby ?

nope.

As an aside, has anyone noticed that Mixi has taken our advice and now
carries a camera to work with him?

" I had my crusty old little digital camera in the tattered plastic bag
that I carry with me to and from school, so I was able to take a few
shots."

A digital, to boot.
--
Tim C.
Old January 31st, 2006, 08:45 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Upskirt...

Tim K

"Martin" wrote in message

Did he mean crusty or trusty?
--
Martin

Old February 12th, 2006, 05:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Not if you partied past Two A.M. last night, and every night, which
seems to me what 'siesta' is *really* all about... g

Tim

On 2006-01-06, B Vaughan wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:34:48 +0000, The Reid
wrote:

Following up to David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of
besses o' th' barn and prestwich tesco 24h offy

siesta?

No- even in Spain (as you no doubt know) the siesta is gradually

going
away.

sadly, A really sensible idea in hot climates.

A really civilized custom in any climate. In our town, most people

go
home for a 3-hour break, which allows for a good lunch and a nap.
Going back to work after the nap is like starting a whole new day.

I would rather have a half-hour lunch break, and the get home 2 1/2

hours
earlier. A 3 hour siesta would be a massive waste of time.

Old January 21st, 2007, 11:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
bill frogg[_2_]

Default European trip ?'s quanti?

On 2006-01-10 09:03:55 -0800, B said:

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:49:15 +0000, Padraig Breathnach
wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons wrote:

Again, in English I think graffiti is uncountable, noting that English
has got a good knack of defying rules. Graffito doesn't sound right to
me.

I use the word 'graffito' in some circles. Where I feel that people
might regard it as odd, and I want to refer to a single message or
image,

However, the singular "graffito" in Italian wouldn't mean a single
message scrawled on a wall. It would mean something carved or incised.
The term graffiti derives from the fact that in ancient times, these
messages were actually incised on walls with a stone or a blade. I
don't think the word is ever used in the singular to refer to what we
call graffiti, which are generally no longer carved, but spray
painted. I would suggest you use graffiti for a single message and
think of it as individual characters (scratched on a wall, if you
will) which constitute a message, and then your precision will be
placated.

I'm trying to think of an English analogy, where a word in the plural
is used to refer to a different thing as one in the singular, but I
can't think of one.

Now that's settled can I have a panino ? Or do I have to ask for just
one panini, please? bill

Old January 22nd, 2007, 12:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Let is be knownst that on Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:36:03 -0800, bill frogg
writted:

Now that's settled can I have a panino ? Or do I have to ask for just
one panini, please? bill

Do you wanna sound pretentious or ignorant? Take your pick! )
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com