Meeting Royalty in Europe

Old November 13th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Tim Challenger

Default Meeting Royalty in Europe

On 12 Nov 2003 16:28:46 -0800, Robert wrote:

My major was finance ......
...... I lacked important social skills.

I think the two go hand-in-hand.

--
Tim.

If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would
be so simple that we couldn't.
Old November 13th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Reid

Following up to Robert

Even royalty can be deluded

In my experience "even" is misplaced here.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old November 13th, 2003, 04:18 PM
David Horne

Deep Freud Moors wrote:

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:58:57 +0000, Marie Lewis
wrote:

In article , Deep Freud
Moors writes
(Imagine how my girlfriend feels when I do that. If she ever annoys me
too much, I just mess my French up just enough so that she explodes!
She still hasn't figured out I do it on purpose yet!)

I do not believe that you "messed up " your French on purpose.

No, that's nothing like I would have done...

It is a typical male reaction to the revelation of his ignorance.

It's a male thing, yes. Can you please plonk me now, Marie?

Hey, watch it- she might report you!

In the Corrie group (rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st) a while back, she
wrote:

"The clique is at it again. OK. I surrender. I shall unsubscribe.
But I shall report you."

IIRC, that particular flame started because Marie had incorrectly
followed up to a post, putting her terse comment within the quotation
marks of the poster she was following up to. There _is_ a history there
though.

David

--
David Horne- website under re-construction
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
Old November 13th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Robert

Reid wrote in message . ..
Following up to Robert

Even royalty can be deluded

In my experience "even" is misplaced here.

My reply was for the person who thought that my princess friend knows
that the university is valuable acedemically. It is invaluable for
independent study, research and meeting people but not for the typical
lecture method.
Old November 13th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Darkginger

Robert wrote in message
Reid wrote in message

. ..
Following up to Robert

Even royalty can be deluded

In my experience "even" is misplaced here.

My reply was for the person who thought that my princess friend knows
that the university is valuable acedemically. It is invaluable for
independent study, research and meeting people but not for the typical
lecture method.

Robert - the word is 'acAdemically' - not that I do spelling flames, I'm
just trying to help you understand what might have been (to you) obscure
comments on one of your most recent posts. To all others, just a thank you
from a lurker in this thread - it's been a wonderful source of amusement for
the past few days, and I have a newfound respect for some of you, and a
newfound disdain for others of you! I'll leave you to work out which is
which!

Jo

---

Old November 14th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Reid

Following up to Robert

Even royalty can be deluded

In my experience "even" is misplaced here.

My reply was for the person who thought that my princess friend knows
that the university is valuable acedemically. It is invaluable for
independent study, research and meeting people but not for the typical
lecture method.

thank you for your clarification.
Old November 16th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Jesper Lauridsen

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:29:51 +0100, Mxsmanic wrote:

Hatunen writes:

Back in 1960 met Princess Marie of Romania (I recollect she was)
at a small party in Youngstown Ohio. She was a fat dumpy old
lady.

The word "princess" always brings to mind a pretty young lady. One
tends to forget that ugly young ladies tend to remain "princess" a lot
longer than the pretty ones.

The vast majority of princesses remains so for their entire life.