Visa question

Old August 23rd, 2004, 11:09 AM
Tim Jones

Default Visa question

Hi there,
I am travelling to Zimbabwe in a month and was hoping someone could
clarify the visa situation. Can I get one on arrival in Zim and if so,
is it single or multi-entry as I am hoping to travel to Malawi and South
Africa as well?
Thanks,
Tim

Old August 23rd, 2004, 02:24 PM
Marc Lurie

What passport will you be travelling on?

Regards,
Marc

Old August 23rd, 2004, 06:10 PM
Marc Lurie

There was never a problem with UK citizens travelling to Zimbabwe.
Single entry visas are available at the borders. HOWEVER, since Mr.
Mugabe (who's name said backwards is "Ee bah gum") decided that Tony
Blair is the antichrist, there may be some restrictions on English
travellers. It is virtually impossible for journalists to get visas.

I'd recommend contacting the embassy in London for more reliable
information. They are he

Address: Zimbabwe House
429 Strand
London WC2R 0JR

Telephone: (020) 7836 7755
Facsimile: (020) 7379 1167
Email:
Office Hours: Mon-Fri: 0900–1700
Website:
http://www.zimbabwelink.com

However, their website doesn't appear to be functioning. Perhaps they
forgot to pay the electricity bill...

Oh yes, I forgot that the internet is a construct of the evil colonial
mind, and that patriotic Zimbabweans shouldn't use the tools of the
wicked western oppressors. Silly me.

Regards,
Marc

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:45:25 +0100, Tim Jones
wrote:

UK. Thanks.

Old August 23rd, 2004, 07:48 PM
dysfunctional

See the Africa FAQ: "Do I need a visa for Zimbabwe?"
http://www.triotours.com/faq/zw/visa.htm

Old August 24th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Marc Lurie

I'm not too sure about the accuracy of this link. There is no mention
of visa requirements for South Africans for example. I don't know how
to check the date that the page was last updated.

Marc

Old August 24th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Marc Lurie

In addition to my post about the accuracey of this site...

I received a mail from a friend who travelled into Zimbabwe on an
American passport in June this year. They paid $30 per passport.