Going to Wal-Mart while in Port

Old March 27th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Charles

In article .com,
Scott W wrote:

Well I'm the O.P. and I live here so I go to Wal-Mart as do all the
other locals. I was more interested in way someone on a cruise would
waste time going to Wal-Mart.

What you might do is go to the Wal-Mart when there are people on a
cruise shopping there and ask them. Or ask some of the store staff what
they are purchasing. It doesn't seem that those on this newsgroup have
the answer. Maybe it isn't a waste of time like we think, there might
be something available there we are not aware of. Or possibly someone
on the cruise staff is telling people to go to Wal-Mart for some
reason. Then come back here and post what you find out.

--
Charles

Old March 27th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Brian K wrote:
On 03/27/2005 11:41 AM Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

villa deauville wrote:

The Wal-Marts I have read about in this ng have me wondering if we speak
of the same chain. Here, in our area, Boca Raton/Delray Beach, Florida,
we have three Wal-Marts one being a super store. They are clean, well
lit, name merchandise, helpful personnel. Parking lots spotlessly clean,
patrolled with surveillance cameras in the parking lots. Those med
prescriptions I do not have filled overseas are filled in
their pharmacy. Much less expensive than any other pharmacy

Sunny,

A friend of mine who lives not far from you has said the same thing
about Wal-Mart. She loves the store and does a lot of shopping there.
The Wal-Marts I have been in here in New Jersey, are so bad and
disgusting that I don't go there much. When I do have to go there, I
feel like screaming "get me out of here". I avoid Mal-Mart if it is at
all possible.

sue

Whoa! I'm no champion of Wal-Mart. But, I gotta say that the one in
Springfield off US Route 22 E is spotless and quite frankly has better
floor help then the nearby Target.

Springfield is completly different then Turnersville or Cinnaminson
and therefore different Wal-Mart experiences.

sue

Old March 27th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

villa deauville wrote:

Just a thought. When we lived on Long Island, depending location of
stores. we found great discrepancies re same stores but different
locations.
Could this be what is happening with Wal-Mart and other brand name
stores.? Location?

Sunny, this is very often the case. I have seen the difference in lets
say Olive Garden, in West Palm beach it was very good, back in NY/NJ
it was no where near as good. I would also see the prices being higher
up north.

sue

Old March 27th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Dick Goldhaber

There is a Wal-Mart in Marlton just above the 70/73 circle, and it is the
only Wal-Mart I have ever been in.

We go there when my 93 year old MIL needs certain clothing because there is
no reason to shop for it at Victoria's Secret, if you get my drift.

It is the only store in the United States that has told us every time we go
there that we cannot bring a clearly marked "Service Dog" into their store.
Not once, not twice, but for seven years.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old March 27th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:48:19 GMT, "Marsha L"
wrote:

OTOH, I don't think I've ever been in a K-Mart that I liked, and they're
still in business (even if barely so!)!

Hi Marsha,

You need to update your info. vbg K-Mart is doing so well that they
just purchased Sears. BTW, I agree with your comment to avoid at all
costs.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL