Memories...Do you remember?

Old October 2nd, 2005, 03:35 AM

My first cruise was very late '70s or very early '80s on one of the
Princess Love Boats. I am almost sure it was the Pacific Princess but it
could have been the Sun Princess. I have no memorabilia.

The ports of call were Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and either Cabo or
perhaps Ensenada.

At the time I was a Travel Agent and took the cruise as a
familiarization trip as a guest of Princess. It was great.

Cheers,
Daniel

Memories...Do you remember?

Group: rec.travel.cruises Date: Sat, Oct 1, 2005, 4:31pm (PDT+7) From:
(Jean=A0O'Boyle)
I was just going through all the memorabilia from all our cruises and
came across our very first cruise.
Do you remember your first cruise and itinerary?
Ours was the Regal Princess..October 14-21, 1995 Our itinerary was
Southeastern Caribbean: San Juan, PR
Bridgetown, Barbados
Mayreau
Martinique
St. Croix
St. Barthelemy
Back to San Juan
Got a late start, but have made up for it with 30 cruises since!
--Jean

Old October 2nd, 2005, 03:50 AM
Jean O'Boyle

wrote in message
My first cruise was very late '70s or very early '80s on one of the
Princess Love Boats. I am almost sure it was the Pacific Princess but it
could have been the Sun Princess. I have no memorabilia.

The ports of call were Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and either Cabo or
perhaps Ensenada.

At the time I was a Travel Agent and took the cruise as a
familiarization trip as a guest of Princess. It was great.

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
The Sun Princess was built in 1995...so it had to be one of the Love
Boats..Pacific Princess or Island Princess.
The Pacific Princess remains one of my favorites!

--Jean

Old October 2nd, 2005, 03:51 AM
clint

I remember the old Titanoc, I believe it was sunk by a goldberg(any
relation, Goldie?) haha
wrote in message
My first cruise was very late '70s or very early '80s on one of the
Princess Love Boats. I am almost sure it was the Pacific Princess but it
could have been the Sun Princess. I have no memorabilia.

The ports of call were Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and either Cabo or
perhaps Ensenada.

At the time I was a Travel Agent and took the cruise as a
familiarization trip as a guest of Princess. It was great.

Cheers,
Daniel

Memories...Do you remember?

Group: rec.travel.cruises Date: Sat, Oct 1, 2005, 4:31pm (PDT+7) From:
(Jean O'Boyle)

Old October 2nd, 2005, 06:23 AM

Jean,

I was probably thinking of the Spirit of London aka Sun Princess
1974-88. http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/FlamencoPCs.html

But I doubt, on reflection, if it was "that" Sun Princess that Princess
Cruises was eager to promote to me during my travel agent years. I wish
I could remember for sure.

However, since THE LOVE BOAT was filmed primarily on the Pacific
Princess and the Island Princess, according to the Internet Movie
DataBase, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075529/trivia
I become more certain that it was the Pacific Princess I sailed on for
my first cruise.

Cheers,
Daniel

Memories...Do you remember?

Group: rec.travel.cruises Date: Sun, Oct 2, 2005, 2:50am (PDT+7) From:
(Jean=A0O'Boyle)

Old October 2nd, 2005, 01:16 PM
George Leppla

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote

Royal Caribbean, Song of America, January, 1998.

Hi George,

Do you mean 1988? ;+)

Yes I do. They say that with advancing age, the memory is the first thing
to go.

I don't remember what is second.

--
George in PA http://www.countryside-travel.com

The Mother of All Group Cruises 2 - http://www.moagc2.com/
May 20, 2006, Caribbean Princess - http://cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm
October 29, 2006 - SLEAZY 4! http://cruisemaster.com/sleazy4.htm

Old October 2nd, 2005, 01:26 PM
Becca

My first cruise was on the Stella Solaris for 3 weeks. We had a big
anniversary coming up and I thought we deserved something special. I did
not tell my husband, because I wanted it to be a surprise. I talked to a
travel agent and I booked the cruise.

He did not want to go! I told him that I had paid for two people, and I
was going with or without him. He went, dragging his feet as if he was
on his way to a guillotine. Needless to say, he loved it.

When I saw the Stella Solaris, it was HUGE! Compared to the new ships,
it was really tiny. LOL We cruised with 600 other people, that will
tell you how small the ship was. The swimming pool was tiny, so were
the bathrooms. Sammy said he could take a shower, go to the bathroom
and brush his teeth all at the same time.

http://www.maritimematters.com/stella-solaris1.html

Becca
Old October 2nd, 2005, 01:26 PM
Becca

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
"George Leppla" wrote:

Royal Caribbean, Song of America, January, 1998.

Hi George,

Do you mean 1988? ;+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

What some peple will do to lie about their age.

Becca -----who is still 39...
Old October 2nd, 2005, 04:04 PM
IslandGal

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
m...
Do you remember your first cruise and itinerary?

--Jean

How could I forget... that's where I met my partner, Karen.

Carnival Ectasy, 4-day cruise, Nov 1-5, 1999
Miami
Key West
Cozumel
Miami

IG

Old October 2nd, 2005, 04:50 PM
Candy

I have all the stuff from all our 16 cruises (mostly on HAL), and I
remember that the first cabin we had on that old barnacle barge, the
Seawind Crown, was the smallest, dampest, noisiest inside cabin
directly over the screws. It was old, musty, dingy... but we were in
heaven because we didn't know any better. We had wonderful attendants
all around, delicious food, and couldn't imagine it could get any
better. The southern itin out of Aruba was Curacao, Grenada, Barbados
& St. Lucia.

We are now intermittent residents of the Zuiderdam Suites, and are
somewhat concerned that our favorite ship will not be in the Carib next
summer.

Candy -- filling out luggage tags for Zuidy #6 on 11/12