energy surcharge

Old March 18th, 2010, 02:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JimG

Default energy surcharge

Many cruise lines state that they have the option to add an energy surcharge
is the price of oil goes over a certain price. Have any cruise companies
invoked that option of current cruises?

Old March 18th, 2010, 03:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 22:51:36 -0400, "JimG"
wrote:

Many cruise lines state that they have the option to add an energy surcharge
is the price of oil goes over a certain price. Have any cruise companies
invoked that option of current cruises?

Hi Jim,

Even though the oil price is well above the trigger price, the cruise
lines have so far restrained from imposing the surcharge. Any more
questions, just ask!
--
Ray Goldenberg 800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
Lighthouse Travel http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old April 3rd, 2010, 02:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Ray Goldenberg :

wrote:

Many cruise lines state that they have the option to add an energy surcharge
is the price of oil goes over a certain price. Have any cruise companies
invoked that option of current cruises?

Hi Jim,

Even though the oil price is well above the trigger price, the cruise
lines have so far restrained from imposing the surcharge. Any more
questions, just ask!

They most likely won't because they have already (and continue to)
compensate by raising prices, sometimes preemptively. You think oil's
going to hit $100 by June? Raise the prices for June cruises by
$9/per/day. It doesn't? Well, that's another gazzilion dollars of
profit. Many businesses have done this. The airlines can't because
if anyone doesn't, all the pax go to them. I no longer have any real
"loyalty" to American, I fly the lowest price.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

The more I drink, the less I think. The less I think,
the better I feel. The better I feel, the more I drink.
And so goes the circle of life.