can anybody stop the Craig's List spammer?

Old June 15th, 2007, 11:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
brian

Default can anybody stop the Craig's List spammer?

I think this is one of the best newsgroups on the web, yet it's being
spoiled by this tosser. Perhaps most people here read ng's via
newsreaders, which can filter this stuff out, but for those of us who
mainly use the net via public computers, in libraries, etc, and have
to go through Google Groups, it's terrible: you go to
rec.travel.europe and you're faced with screen after screen of this
bloke's sh*t.

It's pretty antisocial.

Old June 15th, 2007, 02:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
LordAvalon

On 15 juin, 12:00, brian wrote:
I think this is one of the best newsgroups on the web, yet it's being
spoiled by this tosser. Perhaps most people here read ng's via
newsreaders, which can filter this stuff out, but for those of us who
mainly use the net via public computers, in libraries, etc, and have
to go through Google Groups, it's terrible: you go to
rec.travel.europe and you're faced with screen after screen of this
bloke's sh*t.

It's pretty antisocial.

Report it as spam. I do it everytime i connect. In the long run it
might add up to audible level.

Old June 15th, 2007, 05:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article . com,
brian wrote:

I think this is one of the best newsgroups on the web, yet it's being
spoiled by this tosser. Perhaps most people here read ng's via
newsreaders, which can filter this stuff out, but for those of us who
mainly use the net via public computers, in libraries, etc, and have
to go through Google Groups, it's terrible: you go to
rec.travel.europe and you're faced with screen after screen of this
bloke's sh*t.

It's pretty antisocial.

My Newsreader won't even kill him, despite several attempts to do so.

--
Mary, biblioholic

bib-li-o-hol-ism : the habitual longing to purchase, read, store,
admire, and consume books in excess.

http://www.airstreamcomm.net/~erilarlo
Old June 15th, 2007, 05:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

erilar wrote:

In article . com,
brian wrote:

I think this is one of the best newsgroups on the web, yet it's being
spoiled by this tosser. Perhaps most people here read ng's via
newsreaders, which can filter this stuff out, but for those of us who
mainly use the net via public computers, in libraries, etc, and have
to go through Google Groups, it's terrible: you go to
rec.travel.europe and you're faced with screen after screen of this
bloke's sh*t.

It's pretty antisocial.

My Newsreader won't even kill him, despite several attempts to do so.

Have you taken any of the copious advice you got on how to filter this
poster?

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
http://www.davidhorne.net - real address on website
Old June 15th, 2007, 06:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Freddie Brek

On 15 Jun, 11:00, brian wrote:
I think this is one of the best newsgroups on the web, yet it's being
spoiled by this tosser. Perhaps most people here read ng's via
newsreaders, which can filter this stuff out, but for those of us who
mainly use the net via public computers, in libraries, etc, and have
to go through Google Groups, it's terrible: you go to
rec.travel.europe and you're faced with screen after screen of this
bloke's sh*t.

It's pretty antisocial.

no I'm afraid he (she) is going for world domination.......

Old June 15th, 2007, 06:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin - bogus address

I think this is one of the best newsgroups on the web, yet it's
being spoiled by this tosser.

My Newsreader won't even kill him, despite several attempts to do so.

I use the same newsreader as you do, and I've got him so thoroughly
killed I had no idea he was still posting. I look for his userid
or site in the From: line and also kill everything with googlegroups
in the Organization line.

Old June 15th, 2007, 06:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Keith Anderson

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:46:44 -0500, erilar
wrote:

In article . com,
brian wrote:

I think this is one of the best newsgroups on the web, yet it's being
spoiled by this tosser. Perhaps most people here read ng's via
newsreaders, which can filter this stuff out, but for those of us who
mainly use the net via public computers, in libraries, etc, and have
to go through Google Groups, it's terrible: you go to
rec.travel.europe and you're faced with screen after screen of this
bloke's sh*t.

It's pretty antisocial.

My Newsreader won't even kill him, despite several attempts to do so.

Don't know how your newsreader works, but for my version of Forté
Agent I go Window/Open Usenet Filters/Kill Filter (which opens a
dialog box - at the top of which is the exopression I want to
kill......at the moment I have hostels, Edmonton, Deadmonton and a few
others including Edmonton and Deadmonton) and then I confirm the
Action in a box below....I select the "delete" option and I'm no
longer bothered with the rubbish.

Good luck!

Keith, Bristol, UK
Old June 15th, 2007, 09:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

brian wrote:

I think this is one of the best newsgroups on the web, yet it's being
spoiled by this tosser. Perhaps most people here read ng's via
newsreaders, which can filter this stuff out, but for those of us who
mainly use the net via public computers, in libraries, etc, and have
to go through Google Groups, it's terrible: you go to
rec.travel.europe and you're faced with screen after screen of this
bloke's sh*t.

It's pretty antisocial.

It's no fault of Craig's List, and most of us have managed
to filter out most - if not all - of it. (As a matter of
fact, there's an ongoing "how to" discussion on a recent
thread, here.)

Old June 15th, 2007, 10:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Yves Bellefeuille

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, brian apperently:

I think this is one of the best newsgroups on the web, yet it's being
spoiled by this tosser.

The spammer was posting from rr.com, but the spam he posted today comes
from covad.com. Apparently his account at Road Runner has finally been
cancelled; let's hope the Covad does the same soon.

(Pedantic note: Usenet newsgroups are not part of the Web.)

--
Yves Bellefeuille

Old June 15th, 2007, 11:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

"Yves Bellefeuille" kirjoitti
viestissä
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, brian apperently:

I think this is one of the best newsgroups on the web, yet it's being
spoiled by this tosser.

The spammer was posting from rr.com, but the spam he posted today comes
from covad.com. Apparently his account at Road Runner has finally been
cancelled; let's hope the Covad does the same soon.

The faggot is a fine example about the major weakness of usenet. It cannot
protect itself from attacks of barmy folks. Traffic should be controlled by
the usenet itself not by the domains hosting news servers and ISPs. Without
being rude anyhow, if the English speaking community would be kept away by
force, the rte would be a decent forum.