What are the chances of.....

Old September 26th, 2010, 07:37 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Matt Casey

Default What are the chances of.....

Aviation coming to an end and being replaced by trains?
Old September 26th, 2010, 08:43 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Runge 124

Default What are the chances of.....birds being replaced by giraffes in the sky ?

....or bathroom tissues being replaced by chalk ?
Or maybe matt casey growing up and avoiding posting useless stuff ?

"Matt Casey" a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion :
Aviation coming to an end and being replaced by trains?

Old September 26th, 2010, 05:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air
irwell

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 23:37:10 -0700 (PDT), Matt Casey wrote:

Aviation coming to an end and being replaced by trains?

Pretty good for Continental traffic, say in Europe,Asia
and North America.

Central London to Central Paris is quicker and more
convenient on Eurostar than the air version.
Old September 26th, 2010, 06:11 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black[_2_]

On 26/09/10 17:28, Irwell wrote:
On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 23:37:10 -0700 (PDT), Matt Casey wrote:

Aviation coming to an end and being replaced by trains?

Pretty good for Continental traffic, say in Europe,Asia
and North America.

Central London to Central Paris is quicker and more
convenient on Eurostar than the air version.

The main problem is the bits of the world inhabited by people who shoot
at the passing trains.

No way can I possibly go from the UK to India on a train, although I'd
love to. I hate flying...

I can get as far as Tajikistan one way and can get as far north as
Kashmir (assuming I can get a permit from the Indian government to go
there) going the other.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds