write Congress, STOP the TSA

Old November 23rd, 2010, 12:02 AM posted to rec.travel.air
ja moran

Default write Congress, STOP the TSA

Airport security was fine and cost much less money before the TSA than
it does now.

While people did the right thing in replacing some of those in the US
congress, we need to get the rest of them to get the message

Shut down the TSA, they have made travel more of a hassle than a
pleasure like it used to be. Air travel has always been a safe mode of
transportation.

Yes there are a few that desire to harm others, go after them and them
only. Don't make the rest of us feel like we may be one of "them" or
treat us like we are one of "them" If travel and going through an
airport ere a pleasurable experience, more people would fly and the
airlines would be better off financially. I credit that fact that flying
is an ordeal, a hassle now to les people flying and many airlines in
poor financial shape.

I feel the same about Air Cargo. Yes I am for screening air cargo, but
if I want to take my video camera to Any airline I choose to send in for
repair , let me. So long as I present the item for inspection, I should
be able to ship on any airline I choose.... Because of Government
security mandates, I can't I am treated as I might be one of "them"
and my broken video camera might be a dangerous item... it's not...

US HOuse WAshington DC Us Senate WAshington DC each also has a
transportaiton committee and a homeland security committee. If you feel
like I do, send your feelings to your represenatives... I do blame those
in charge but also those who came befoe ho is in charge now, and the
lobbyists too...

the lobbyists for some companies convinced those who control the purse
strings to spend millions on whiz bang machines while paying idiots to
who often are on power trips operate these sophisticated devices

a trained dog or a few dogs are more efficient and cost far less.

the US Govt has a record deficit and it should be looking at all ways
possible to bring hte budget back in line, I think one way ould be to
cut the TSA or severely reduce it's budget....

I did not say I was against security or a safe transporation system. I
just want someting that works, is reasonable and cost effective...

I feel the same way about schools... we need an educaiton system that
works. giving schools blank checks does not mean htey turn out better
students...

JOHN