Conference and Festival North Balinese Culture

Old July 19th, 2009, 12:55 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
BaliWWWdotcom

Default Conference and Festival North Balinese Culture

Program Conference and Festival North Balinese Culture

From Thursday 30 July till Sunday 2 August 2009 the International
Conference on north Balinese culture will take place in Singaraja,
Bali. It will be a big, informative and entertaining event, so if you
have time and the opportunity: please join us!

The program starts on Thursday 30 July with an opening ceremony in
Hotel Banyu Alit (Lovina), and a first plenary session with two key
note speakers: I Gede Darna (from the north) and I Wayan Dibia (from
the south). After the opening of the exhibition in the Buleleng Museum
the conference will continue at the Undiksha campus.

Sessions include presentations on 'Legong Keraton and Kebyar Legong of
North Bali', by Bulan Trisna Djelantik (Bali), 'Gamelan Gong Kebyar of
Busungbiu, Belaluan and Pangkung, the 1928 Odeon recordings' by
Richard North (USA) 'Lelonggoran and other traditional pieces' by I
Gusti Bagus Suarsana (Buleleng), 'The reconstruction of the gong
kebyar of Tejakula' by Pande Mustika (Tejakula), and sessions on
wayang performance, cultural heritage, visual arts and cultural
identity. For the full program please visit our website
http://northbali.org/conference-and-festival/program/

The evenings will be filled with performances of north Balinese music
and dance, and a cultural tour closes the conference with
performances, and cultural and culinary demonstrations on location in
Munduk/Banyuatis, Nagasepaha and Tejakula.

As you can see, it has become an impressive program, including the
festival, the exhibition and the cultural tour. We are very grateful
to our Balinese hosts that they make us fell so welcome!

We will be happy to welcome you in Singaraja, a vibrant city, and help
you discover a 'different' Bali.

On behalf of the organising committee,
Henrice Vonck

http://northbali.org