Will you fly Spirit with its new carry-on bag fee?

Old April 15th, 2010, 05:15 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected][_1_]

Default Will you fly Spirit with its new carry-on bag fee?

Hey all

Just wondering what others think of Sprits new carry-on bag fee. I
have never flown that airline and with that fee I don't think I ever
will.

Michael
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:40 PM posted to rec.travel.air
James Robinson

" wrote:

Hey all

Just wondering what others think of Sprits new carry-on bag fee. I
have never flown that airline and with that fee I don't think I ever
will.

Why not? They lowered the base fare by $40, and added a $30 fee for bags
going in the overhead, so the total cost is actually less than they started
with.
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Josh

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:15:29 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Hey all

Just wondering what others think of Sprits new carry-on bag fee. I
have never flown that airline and with that fee I don't think I ever
will.

Michael

Sure, why not, if the total cost of my trip will be cheaper on them?

And *I* won't have to pay a fee for a carry-on most of the time, as
mine fits under the seat (they've stated the fee is only for overhead
bags).

Perhaps it'll be more pleasant and efficient getting on and off the
plane quickly without the scumbags who hold up the whole line prying
their bag in and out, carefully extending the handle, etc. People
have legitimate need to get off planes quickly -- if you aren't ready
to go immediately behind the person in front of you, you should let
the rest of your row out (if applicable) and SIT DOWN until those who
can keep up get by.

Josh
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:59 PM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD[_3_]

In message

" was claimed to have wrote:

Just wondering what others think of Sprits new carry-on bag fee. I
have never flown that airline and with that fee I don't think I ever
will.

It's all about the total cost. If they turn out to be cheaper then
sure, if not, then no.
Old April 15th, 2010, 07:36 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Steve Cain

Just wondering what others think of Sprits new carry-on bag fee. I
have never flown that airline and with that fee I don't think I ever
will.

Michael

I read what their CEO had to say. Mr Baldanza has an astute grasp of the
obvious and is doing something about it.

Too bad they don't service Denver!

Regards, s

Old April 15th, 2010, 08:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

writes:

Just wondering what others think of Sprits new carry-on bag fee.

Ahead of its time.
Old April 15th, 2010, 09:20 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected][_1_]

On Apr 15, 10:15*am, " wrote:
Hey all

Just wondering what others think of Sprits new *carry-on bag fee. I
have never flown that airline and with that fee I don't think I ever
will.

Michael

I just find a story of how US Senators now don't like these fees. They
are proposing legistation that would tax airlines at the rate of 7.5
cents per dollar collected for these new fees. Below is a link to the
story at NBC News.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36525588/ns/travel-news/

Mcihael

Old April 15th, 2010, 09:27 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected][_1_]

On Apr 15, 10:15*am, " wrote:
Hey all

Just wondering what others think of Sprits new *carry-on bag fee. I
have never flown that airline and with that fee I don't think I ever
will.

Michael

Hay again

I also found another story worth reading about Spirit Airlines. it
talks about how they advertise these really cheap fares, that end up
being a lot more after all the fees (some of that can not opt out of)
they charge.

http://www.smartertravel.com/travel-...rce=rss_advice

After reading it I am not sure if I agree with their business model.
I guess though if they are successful with it more power to them.

Michael
Old April 16th, 2010, 12:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Sancho Panza[_1_]

wrote in message
On Apr 15, 10:15 am, " wrote:
Hey all

Just wondering what others think of Sprits new carry-on bag fee. I
have never flown that airline and with that fee I don't think I ever
will.

Michael

I just find a story of how US Senators now don't like these fees. They
are proposing legistation that would tax airlines at the rate of 7.5
cents per dollar collected for these new fees. Below is a link to the
story at NBC News.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36525588/ns/travel-news/

Mcihael

What's next? Will Schumer & Co. specify what food and beverages to serve?
Décor and upholstery color? Lavatory essentials? If people can't decide
which line serves their purposes best, maybe they shouldn't fly.