Looking for ski trousers/pants

Old January 29th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Foul Ole Ron

Default Looking for ski trousers/pants

Bought my daughter a pair of ski trousers in France on spec. for
forthcoming ski trip to Killington. Yes, they don't fit.
Here in UK they are stupid prices £75 and upwards.
For 1 week that's a bit steep.
Can anyone give me an idea of reasonable prices in the US that would be
available at the end of February?
TIA

Ron
--
Buggrit. Millenium hand and shrimp!!

The views and expressions contained in this message do not necessarily
coincide with those of my employer.

Old January 29th, 2004, 06:38 PM
MTV

Foul Ole Ron wrote:
Bought my daughter a pair of ski trousers in France on spec. for
forthcoming ski trip to Killington. Yes, they don't fit.
Here in UK they are stupid prices £75 and upwards.
For 1 week that's a bit steep.
Can anyone give me an idea of reasonable prices in the US that would be
available at the end of February?
TIA

At the ski resorts, about the same.
At large sporting goods stores in cities about 60% less. (Oshmman's, Sun &
Ski, etc)

MTV

Ron

Old January 29th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Sarah Banick

Check out http://www.rei.com/ Their prices are usually pretty reasonable,
especially on their house brands. Not that I know anything about ski pants,
but I've had good luck with bike stuff.

Sarah

Old January 29th, 2004, 09:47 PM
brenda

Foul Ole Ron wrote in message ...
Bought my daughter a pair of ski trousers in France on spec. for
forthcoming ski trip to Killington. Yes, they don't fit.
Here in UK they are stupid prices £75 and upwards.
For 1 week that's a bit steep.
Can anyone give me an idea of reasonable prices in the US that would be
available at the end of February?
TIA

Ron

Buy them at a ski shop when you get here - the sales have already started...
Old January 29th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Dave Smith

brenda wrote:

Foul Ole Ron wrote in message news:40191D84.A1151E7@spl=

at.com...
Bought my daughter a pair of ski trousers in France on spec. for
forthcoming ski trip to Killington. Yes, they don't fit.
Here in UK they are stupid prices =A375 and upwards.
For 1 week that's a bit steep.
Can anyone give me an idea of reasonable prices in the US that would =

be
available at the end of February?
TIA

Ron

Buy them at a ski shop when you get here - the sales have already start=

ed...

=46rom my experience, prices at ski resorts are usually highly inflated t=
o begin with,
so they would have to have a heck of a sale before anyone could get a bar=
gain. The
last pair of ski pants that I bought were about $130 (Cdn.) and that was =
a few years
ago.

Old January 30th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Kay Lancaster

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:49:43 +0000 (UTC), Foul Ole Ron wrote:
Bought my daughter a pair of ski trousers in France on spec. for
forthcoming ski trip to Killington. Yes, they don't fit.
Here in UK they are stupid prices £75 and upwards.

I buy a lot of stuff from Sierra Trading Post
http://www.sierratradingpost.com The section you'll probably want to look at
is: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/...81/catimage./q
x/prod_list_display.htm (you'll have to paste the full url back together)

I've not tried to order from them when I was outside the US, but I've always
had good service from them in the last 20 years... these are overstocks,
sometimes last year's, sometimes seconds. Seconds are clearly marked.

Old January 31st, 2004, 01:45 PM
Me

In article , Foul Ole Ron
wrote:

Bought my daughter a pair of ski trousers in France on spec. for
forthcoming ski trip to Killington. Yes, they don't fit.
Here in UK they are stupid prices £75 and upwards.
For 1 week that's a bit steep.
Can anyone give me an idea of reasonable prices in the US that would be
available at the end of February?

The best time to find low prices on skiing attire is just after the
skiing season ends, not during the height of the season. Since your
daughter will no doubt have a limited amount of time during her ski
trip, she probably would make best use of her time by buying her clothes
from a local sporting goods store in your area before her trip begins.
That way, she will know how well the ski pants and other items fit and
she won't waste time shopping or be forced to pay the rip off prices at
the ski shop where she will be skiing.
Old January 31st, 2004, 05:25 PM
brenda

Dave Smith wrote in message ...
brenda wrote:

Foul Ole Ron wrote in message news:40191D84.A1151E7@spl

at.com...
Bought my daughter a pair of ski trousers in France on spec. for
forthcoming ski trip to Killington. Yes, they don't fit.
Here in UK they are stupid prices 75 and upwards.
For 1 week that's a bit steep.
Can anyone give me an idea of reasonable prices in the US that would

be
available at the end of February?
TIA

Ron

Buy them at a ski shop when you get here - the sales have already start

ed...

From my experience, prices at ski resorts are usually highly inflated t
o begin with,
so they would have to have a heck of a sale before anyone could get a bar
gain. The
last pair of ski pants that I bought were about $130 (Cdn.) and that was
a few years
ago.

Often kids clothes are more heavily discounted, though, but I agree
with going to an Oshman's or Sport Chalet or whatever local sporting
goods stores there are. I don't know what's in the area & don't know
how much time she wants to spend on this quest/transportation/etc.
It's just easier on holiday to go to a resort shop & if they're having
a sale, great.