driving from LA to Disneyland

Old May 3rd, 2006, 02:17 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default driving from LA to Disneyland

We are staying 1 night in LA (downtown Westin Bonaventure), checking
out on a Wednesday morning to drive to Anaheim and do Disney the next
day. How long should it realistically take for this drive? No rush, we
would probably leave between 10 and noon. Any advice on which route is
best? Thanks, Helen

Old May 3rd, 2006, 02:35 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

wrote in message
oups.com...
We are staying 1 night in LA (downtown Westin Bonaventure), checking
out on a Wednesday morning to drive to Anaheim and do Disney the next
day. How long should it realistically take for this drive? No rush, we
would probably leave between 10 and noon. Any advice on which route is
best? Thanks, Helen

At that time of day about a half hour from downtown. Maybe 40 mins.
The Bonaventure is not the hippest place anymore (if you care) but okay for
a night.
Try The Standard (downtown location) for a real L.A. experience next time.
Eat at Water Grill for seafood or Nick and Steph's for steak.
Tell Mickey I said "Hi"

JT

Old May 3rd, 2006, 02:43 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

JT, Can you elaborate on your comment about the Bonaventure? We're
staying there because my daughter works for Starwood and we get a room
for $49 and half-price food and drink. Is it a bad part of town? Helen

Old May 3rd, 2006, 02:56 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

wrote in message
ups.com...
JT, Can you elaborate on your comment about the Bonaventure? We're
staying there because my daughter works for Starwood and we get a room
for $49 and half-price food and drink. Is it a bad part of town? Helen

No no no. nothing like that. At that price I'd stay there in a heartbeat.
It was just a big deal in the eighties and is kinda "over" as far as being
consequential. You'll be fine. It's still a cool looking building. I 'm just
being a slave to fashion as we all are reputed to be in La La Land

Old May 3rd, 2006, 02:59 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Thank you, now I can go and not worry. HL

Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:10 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

JT wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

JT, Can you elaborate on your comment about the Bonaventure? We're
staying there because my daughter works for Starwood and we get a room
for $49 and half-price food and drink. Is it a bad part of town? Helen

No no no. nothing like that. At that price I'd stay there in a heartbeat.
It was just a big deal in the eighties and is kinda "over" as far as being
consequential. You'll be fine. It's still a cool looking building. I 'm just
being a slave to fashion as we all are reputed to be in La La Land

And the glass elevators are still pretty cool!

Old May 3rd, 2006, 07:38 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"JT" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
We are staying 1 night in LA (downtown Westin Bonaventure), checking
out on a Wednesday morning to drive to Anaheim and do Disney the next
day. How long should it realistically take for this drive? No rush, we
would probably leave between 10 and noon. Any advice on which route is
best? Thanks, Helen

At that time of day about a half hour from downtown. Maybe 40 mins.

I think JT is being overly optimistic. It is LA, so the time could be as
little as 30 minutes, but could be an hour and a half. I'd bank on an hour
to be on the safe side. The closer you get to noon, the longet it will
take.

It is worth it to check out the traffic reports on the radio and check with
the concierge to see if the problems impact you. KFI (AM 640) has traffic
reports every 10 minutes or so, and you can use the radio in your room. One
thing to be aware of is that the traffic reports will use a mix of numbers
and names for the freeways. An example is "There is heavy traffic heading
south on the San Diego Freeway near Sepulveda, the Harbor Freeway is backed
up from the 710, and the 5 South is packed all the way to the Orange Crush."
From downtown, you could hit the 101S to the 5S or the 10E to the 5S or even
the 405S to the 5N.

You can always ask your concierge what they would recommend.

steveo

Old May 3rd, 2006, 08:03 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

wrote in message
oups.com...
We are staying 1 night in LA (downtown Westin Bonaventure), checking
out on a Wednesday morning to drive to Anaheim and do Disney the next
day. How long should it realistically take for this drive? No rush, we
would probably leave between 10 and noon. Any advice on which route is
best? Thanks, Helen

When there's no traffic, you'll do it in about 45 minutes. Traffic or
accidents can push it up, sometimes way up.

Take the 110 to the 10 east to the 5 south. Disneyland is right off the
5 -- take the Katella exit.