Air Asia anyone?

Old May 1st, 2004, 09:56 AM
Mika

Default Air Asia anyone?

"Sjoerd" wrote in message ...
I just booked some flights on Air Asia for incredibly cheap fares. Anyone
here who flew on them? Any experiences to share? I will do BKK -KUL and SIN-
BKK.

PS: AK does not assign seats. They give you 'sequence numbers' at
check-in ...
South-West Airlines style. Except that they don't seem to check this
as you
board. So if you want a window or an aisle ... get there early and
park yourself close to the gate. Close means close. Leave an inch and
someone WILL
squeeze in before you.

Old May 6th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Edwin Lau

"Mika" wrote in message
om...

It seems like a very useful airline for me in the region. I usually
fly into KUL or SIN and often continue on to Borneo. During SARS all
direct flights from SIN to BKI disappeared and have not reappered
yet.

Well, actually 3 airlines does flight the SIN/BKI route. Both MAS and
Australian
Air flights direct between the two location and Royal Brunei does a transit
in Brunei.

I've tried Australian Air last December and it is a mighty fine airline, it
is cheap, not
near as cheap as AirAsia but worth the trouble since it is a holiday airline
but not budget.

Royal Brunei flies daily but the transit time can be a matter of hours.

Edwin

Old May 6th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Mika

Edwin Lau wrote:

"Mika" wrote in message
om...

It seems like a very useful airline for me in the region. I usually
fly into KUL or SIN and often continue on to Borneo. During SARS all
direct flights from SIN to BKI disappeared and have not reappered
yet.

Well, actually 3 airlines does flight the SIN/BKI route. Both MAS and
Australian
Air flights direct between the two location and Royal Brunei does a transit
in Brunei.

MAS goes through KUL, Royal Brunei through BWN, both involve layovers
and
equipment changes. Not my definition of a 'direct' flight.

And does Australian have the right to pick up passengers in SIN?

Old May 7th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Edwin Lau

I have taken MAS and it was direct SIN to BKI the last time I took it. There
is no stopover in KUL. If I am not wrong, the BKI flights are KUL to SIN to
BKI.

Australian Air does direct SIN to BKI before returning to Cairns.
Take a look at http://www.australianairlines.com.au/aahome.html

Both flights are about 2 hours and that is basically the distance between
SIN and BKI.

Edwin

Old May 7th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Mika

Edwin Lau wrote:

I have taken MAS and it was direct SIN to BKI the last time I took it. There
is no stopover in KUL. If I am not wrong, the BKI flights are KUL to SIN to
BKI.

I was there this April, just a few weeks ago. There is no such flight at
the moment or I would have taken it. (Yes, I know that there were
several such flights in the past.)

I would have preferred a non-stopper from Changi, but the non-stopper
from JB on AK was the next best thing.

Australian Air does direct SIN to BKI before returning to Cairns.
Take a look at http://www.australianairlines.com.au/aahome.html

Still not clear whether you are allowed to take that flight from SIN if
you did not fly in from Australia.

Michael, MUC
Old May 7th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Edwin Lau

"Mika" wrote in message

Australian Air does direct SIN to BKI before returning to Cairns.
Take a look at http://www.australianairlines.com.au/aahome.html

Still not clear whether you are allowed to take that flight from SIN if
you did not fly in from Australia.

Yes, I fly direct from SIN to BKI without having to fly into Australia.
The return trip was from BKI to SIN direct too.

Edwin