"Cover Up"..for after swimming?

Old March 28th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Bob G.

Default "Cover Up"..for after swimming?

I noticed that the cruise line I am sailing on in a few weeks
suggested bringing a "cover up" to use after swimming aboard ship....
makes sense since you do have to return to your room... BUT

My Question... is what is acceptable....?

Both my wife and I normally use a sweat shirt at the beach etc...but
we have never used a ships pool before...and plan to this trip.

Thanks
Bob .

Old March 28th, 2004, 04:59 AM
steve

i reccommend nylon lightweight top and bottom with no lining.
acceptable? to who?

Old March 28th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Bob G. wrote:
I noticed that the cruise line I am sailing on in a few weeks
suggested bringing a "cover up" to use after swimming aboard ship....
makes sense since you do have to return to your room... BUT

My Question... is what is acceptable....?

Both my wife and I normally use a sweat shirt at the beach etc...but
we have never used a ships pool before...and plan to this trip.

My husband uses a t-shirt or polo shirt as a cover up. I use an
oversized t-shirt or a denim jumper as a cover up. I think a sweat shirt
would be fine also.

sue

Old March 28th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Donnassei

I just put on a pair of jean shorts over my suit to go in to eat, works fine.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
http://www.cruisemates.com
Old March 29th, 2004, 02:38 AM
Brian K

On 03/27/2004 9:21 PM Bob G., committed to scribbelage:

I noticed that the cruise line I am sailing on in a few weeks
suggested bringing a "cover up" to use after swimming aboard ship....
makes sense since you do have to return to your room... BUT

My Question... is what is acceptable....?

Both my wife and I normally use a sweat shirt at the beach etc...but
we have never used a ships pool before...and plan to this trip.

Thanks
Bob .

Ladies often use a long swath of clothe called a parau (pronounced
pah-ray-U) my spelling may be a little off. I use a very long t-shirt
or one of those Mexican Camisa de jugo (Baja Shirt).

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old March 29th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Lee

Bob G. wrote in message . ..
I noticed that the cruise line I am sailing on in a few weeks
suggested bringing a "cover up" to use after swimming aboard ship....
makes sense since you do have to return to your room... BUT

My Question... is what is acceptable....?

Both my wife and I normally use a sweat shirt at the beach etc...but
we have never used a ships pool before...and plan to this trip.

Thanks
Bob .

Men usually just throw on a t-shirt, since their swim trunks are
pretty much like shorts (except you speedo guys...please cover
yourselves a little more...)

Any women's bathing suit department at a store will have racks and
racks of "cover-ups" which can range from a simple sun dress style
thing to a short zip hooded terry robe, to a pareo as someone else
mentioned. But, no need to buy anything special. A pair of shorts and
a tee work equally well for a woman.

Lee
Old March 29th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Diva

Yeah, please cover yourself more ALL the time and lose the awful speedo.
MAN, those things are baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

June