Illegal

Old November 6th, 2007, 06:08 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Noodle

Default Illegal

Report all illegal backpackers, illegal immigrants, illegal workers,
illegal students, & illegal tax non-payers in Australia:

1800-009-623
or
+61-2-6264-1111

Toll free, 24 hours a day. $4000AUD award.

Old November 6th, 2007, 07:14 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
kangaroo16

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 22:08:30 -0800, Noodle wrote
in . com :

Report all illegal backpackers, illegal immigrants, illegal workers,
illegal students, & illegal tax non-payers in Australia:

1800-009-623
or
+61-2-6264-1111
Toll free, 24 hours a day. $4000AUD award.

This was posted earlier, and no one managed to prove that the
typical reward, if any, for dobbing someone in would be no where
near $4000.

I don't know the current percentage of even illegal immigrants,
but I have heard pretty high estimates in past years.

Put it this way, it wasn't that many years ago that they changed
the health service "Medicare" card when authorities discovered
that the number of currently issued "Medicare" cards was, from
memory, much larger than the then current total population of
Australia.

I know that many Americans would find it hard to believe, but
even my current card only has a number, the names of my wife and
I, and an expiry date. No address, age, descriptions, let alone
photos.

Were I running the system, I would have at least made it as
secure as a current drivers license. My current license has a
card number, full name and address, license number, license class
date of birth, photo, expiry date, organ donor status, signature,
holographic info giving the name of the state, laminated in
plastic.

A far cry from my first Australian license which was a piece of
paper giving far less information! From memory, it only had my
name and address, my license class, and my signature. On second
thought, not even sure that my address was on it. :-)

Obviously people were more honest in those days! When I arrived
here, all payrolls were in cash, and 16 year old female clerks
were running around the streets carrying bank bags with hundreds
or thousands of pounds in them.

Nor did they carry weapons. At most, perhaps an 18 year old male
clerk would be following a few steps behind but he wasn't armed
either.

A few years later, "armored cars" delivered cash payrolls. At a
distance, they looked pretty good. A closer look, though, often
revealed that some were stock standard vans with bolted on silver
painted plywood, at most 1/4 inch thick [~ 6 mm]. As a sporting
shooter since my long ago teenage years, won't bother to point
out how ineffective this would be in stopping even a low
velocity, low caliber bullet. One would think that they could
have at least used fiberglass, or better yet a polycarbonate
plastic such as "Lexan". Would have cost more, though.

These days, of course, cash payrolls have mainly disappeared,
employees are paid by direct deposit to their bank account.

The armored cars that are used for cash transport now are as
probably as good as any as most would be in the USA. I do know a
bit about security, although I wouldn't claim to be an expert.

Again, will point out that Australia is still a very safe place
compared to the USA, if one uses a bit of common sense anyway.

Would go as far as to say that a resident of a major city in the
USA is probably safer traveling in Australia than they would be
if they stayed home.:-)

Regards,
Kangaroo16

inch

Old November 6th, 2007, 10:54 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
David Bennetts

"Noodle" wrote in message
ups.com...
Report all illegal backpackers, illegal immigrants, illegal workers,
illegal students, & illegal tax non-payers in Australia:

1800-009-623
or
+61-2-6264-1111

Toll free, 24 hours a day. $4000AUD award.

See you've changed your message somewhat to make it more confused than ever.
Does a backpacker need a licence now?
And watch out for those illegal taxes, perhaps GST is illegal because JH
said it would never, ever be introduced. Why you'd report that to
Immigration rather than the ATO dob-in line is totally beyond me. Still you
offer the fictitious 4000AUD award, you've got about as much chance
receiving that as the one million pound prizes I was offered in the UK
National Lottery in emails I received yesterday and today. Take a reality
check, noodle.

David Bennetts

Old November 7th, 2007, 07:46 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Dick Adams[_2_]

"Noodle" wrote:
Report all illegal backpackers, illegal immigrants, illegal workers,
illegal students, & illegal tax non-payers in Australia:

1800-009-623
or
+61-2-6264-1111

Toll free, 24 hours a day. $4000AUD award.

Here I am trying to become a kept man (gigolo) in OZ and
you're telling people where to collect a bounty on me.
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:01 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
kangaroo16

On 7 Nov 2007 02:46:10 -0500, Dick Adams
wrote in :

"Noodle" wrote:
Report all illegal backpackers, illegal immigrants, illegal workers,
illegal students, & illegal tax non-payers in Australia:

1800-009-623
or
+61-2-6264-1111

Toll free, 24 hours a day. $4000AUD award.

Here I am trying to become a kept man (gigolo) in OZ and
you're telling people where to collect a bounty on me.

Is this even illegal? Even if it is, and you become a
successful gigolo, I somehow doubt that the Government would
offer a $4,000 reward for the information :-)

Perhaps it is possible that someone will call you back and
ask the secrets of your success? :-)

I don't know if either of you reads the Weekend Australian
Magazine, but Ruth Ostrow had a column on "dobbing" on page 10 of
the October 27-28 issue. You can find it online at:

Ruth Ostrow: Dark tell-tale signs
October 27, 2007
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...012694,00.html

Her home page address:
http://www.ruthostrow.com/

On another topic, listening to morning news in the background.
Crude Oil hit a new high last night around US$98. US$ down a
bit. Combination of these factors is said to be the main reason
for Dow Jones Average on US Stock Market to drop 250 points
(-1.58%), though at time of writing hasn't closed yet.

Regards,
Kangaroo16