Trip Report BD DUB-LHR 01/10/03

Old October 6th, 2003, 05:05 PM
blib

Default Trip Report BD DUB-LHR 01/10/03

Ended up spending the night at DUB, as after a long night, well 3 nights
****ing it up in Dublin, and it was late I saw little point in getting a
hotel for 3 hours and then an early morning taxi.
I had no ticket,but guessed I would find something early in the morning so I
put my head down in the not uncomfortable padded benches. The general waking
up of the airport woke me up at 6am.
Went upsatairs looked at the departure boards, saw there was a BD flight
departing at 7:00am.
Wen't to the desk, asked about a one way to LHR, braced myself for a 200EU
response and was pleasantly suprised to find I was only paying 71EU.
Well 70 as it happens, I think the lady at the desk couldn't be bothered to
go and get some change.
Took about 5 mins to get though Security, very efficient at dublin, despite
being busy.
Had about 10 mins to spare, so went to get a vitamin C hit, not too bad,
1.50EU for a bottle of freshly squeezed OJ.
Boarded on time at 6:30am, had a aisle seat, bit ****ed off about this, I
wanted a window seat so I could pass out with something solid to lean
against.
Plane was refuelling, but eventually took off at 7:05am, more or less on
time.
Flight was very comfortable, decent seat pitch on BD, food was offered but I
feared puking it all up so I opted for still water. As usual, BD staff very
efficient, professional and nice (I will not hesitate to recommend BD).
Arrived at Heathrow on time, slightly bumpy landing (At least it woke me
up), every one on the flight seemed to be seasoned flyers as disembarkation
took less than 5 mins, another 5 mins to leave the terminal and get to
Central Bus Station.
All in all, a very pleasant, very efficient flight, my praise goes to BD
once again.